Union Jackpots - Mad Money Monster

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Would you play classic games on sites such as Union Jackpots?

Yes
44%
No
28%
Not Sure
28%

Total votes: 25

Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

This reminds me of the old BWB machines.

£100 in. Still no jackpot. Managed to get numbers adding up to Extra Life. But because I had 3 in a row, it only gave me the feature start.

I think this has a long way to go before release!

EDIT: The best bug yet. 2 nudges to jackpot... take NEAREST WIN. It decides to step up instead for a £4 win. Imagine how raging you'd be if this happened in real life! :D
JG

Post by JG »

I'm off to play this now, then if I'm still awake I'll reply to Pms.

I hope it's not a load of old balls and it has some merit.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

It isn't without merit, and I take my hat off to Mr Clayton for getting this far. Unfortunately he might have shot himself in the foot by releasing it to all and sundry at this stage.

My final beef then I'm going to uninstall it... there isn't a jackpot / jackpot repeater on the top row. So after £120 in, I assumed SUPER SERIES was el gordo... when I finally got it, it gave the princely sum of £12.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

many ways of getting the jackpot.. i think its going to be a while before a playable verion is ready, but it is already better than all of the other sites offerings at awp's
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

£100 in. Still no jackpot. Managed to get numbers adding up to Extra Life. But because I had 3 in a row, it only gave me the feature start.

I think this has a long way to go before release!

EDIT: The best bug yet. 2 nudges to jackpot... take NEAREST WIN. It decides to step up instead for a £4 win. Imagine how raging you'd be if this happened in real life!
I had the numbers that should've given Extra Life, but three in a row gave me start. :(

Also, your second point (well, third really) I wonder if they state anywhere "Only Highest Win Paid"? :)

Well, my points on this one are:

- Great graphics, although having some experience myself, it appears that some of the 'on state' lamps are a little out of line with the equivalent 'off state' lamp. In other words, the lamp appears to move a pixel or so to the left, right, whatever when it 'flashes'.

- Sort that Taxi out fellas! ;) Could you not utilise most of the code that was used for the Skillstop, but just have it change direction when it reaches a random/pre-determined point?

- No Jackpot 'obviously' available from the feature game. Is this a bug, whereby the feature is set to £10jp play, but the main game is set to £15jp? I only say this because I remember Mr. Clayton stating that you could change stake/JP ratio. Maybe this has not been fully implemented as yet?

- I don't feel that there's enough to it to keep the seasoned player (I guess your target audience?) engaged and interested for any significant period of time? Chuck in a few extra things like, I don't know, red nudges (fruit at the top position of each reel can be nudged down and that win spins in - easy to regulate via the coding). Maybe a superhold that chucks itself in now and then in reel play. Even a bit of the old PCB 'I can forsee the future', whereby the player can then make a decision knowing what the next reels spin will yield.

- Does 'Added Extra' ever give more than 4? :)

I hope that comes across as constructive and not a lot of 'knocks' against what you've worked (obviously very hard!) on...

Ta,
M.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I think some of you guys are being pretty unfair. If you think you're going to get any closer to a real AWP feel than this sort of thing then you're deluded. It's a SIMULATION of a singular machine. It's a lot closer to the shite on Ladbrokes to be fair.

I also can't believe people are complaining about the size of the jackpot. 25p/£15 doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If you want to spin for 20p and have the chance of winning £10k you'll have to play random 5 reel games with progressives. What exactly do you think is a reasonable jackpot if 60x stake isnt?? perhaps it could be pushed to 100x but not any more.

I do think it's a bit unproffessional to release a game full of bugs for the general public to test. Test it yourselves then release a completed game.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

The added extra gives Four plus One sometimes. Doesn't appear to be a time out on this.

The higher than a five for a five - LOSE grates.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I actually got a 4+2 on added extra.

It is a beta guys, but yeah the lack of JP repeater does need amending.
fruitofthegods

Post by fruitofthegods »

Interesting reading...

In particular the point someone made about not wanting a random game.

Why on earth not? You'd rather spend £10 to fill up the pot by £10? and then win £10 (to such an extent)

or would you rather spend £10 and have x amount of random spins that could fill the pot?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

The irony is that AWP dvelopers have spent years trying to make AWPs 'seem' random' and now they can do it for real players are saying they want them to feel compensated.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

blackmogu wrote:
Dunhamzzz wrote:Bah, doesn't work in ubuntu (using wine)
virtualbox works quite well for those of linux persuasion.
Bah its x86 only.....
jb13

Post by jb13 »

Love it very easy pickings.
steven

Post by steven »

to jesz: security purposes i believe
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP