The Goose on Hotel Street

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

The Goose on Hotel Street

Post by JG »

Welcome to the temporary home of The Nudgeman. It's called The Goose on Hotel Street. Anyway, I've sold up and moved on as a Leisure Link van pulled up and put a chip into my 'box.
Who were those two guys who ventured into my parlour? Who were you? Tuesdays were good, always good. Virgin territory, then in July they ventured in, twice in a row on consecutive Tuesdays. I walked up the Walk of Wealth and was shocked to see the evil whirly deed on blood pence. HOW DARE YOU!!!! HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!! Extreme Eddie was it you? First visit and the shark was repeating and The Extremes were alrightish. Each Tuesday thereafter dead as a Do do Ron, you do do Ron(*). That Vamp is still switched off. Chipper anyway I bet. I've been having problems with broadband. Been out touring anyway, poker on back boiler. Local Tiger now chipped to zero. Was a wierd slow blipper anyway. £3 for a Guiness. Still done quite Welford Road out of it anyway. Leicester rhyming slang. Zillionaires in Odeon is impossible. Even Glen Parva is a palava now. So for now, farewell Leicester - Adios.

(*) song played often whilst on The DP. Presumably on test and presumably failed for obvious reasons! Only used to take £50 out, wipes out value and pushes it a bit over. Nothing drastic. If it ever gets released the slippers will be sold at £2, maybe £4 for a pair if the vendor is happy.

Also to the chappie who kept popping to the toilet and came back and said "ok, ok stop emptying it!". Classic.

Also no Ocean. Can't believe Vaz is still there. Still there. "Why are you back in Leciester?" Good one. Well that's that.

Didn't stay long in The Globe did it? Got banked yet Litten was chocka. Anyway. All chipped out near me, it's not just Leicester, but a fond nod to Leicester as that was a quality run.

LFE, ??, ????, ?????, Litten, Globe, Goose, Yates, ?????, Hero, back to MB.

And no. I never intended to gamble that 11.

Good night.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

WTF ?
Have you been drinking the beer in Glen Parva Manor ?
I shot the Panther in the stomach much to the annoyance of local chav-u-like tonight.
You're treading on my toes in the Parva.......this town ain't big enough for the two of us.........I'm gonna have to send some stern orders out to the henchmen.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

There's a lack of natural light in that cave nudgeman. You need some vitamin C.
Scott

Post by Scott »

i can't really understand much of your post too be honest mate, if your asking was i in the goose on tuesday the answer is yes, i was playing the £35 OAR and did very nicely thanks. and yes the globe did'nt last long your right.

feel free too discuss via PM :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry, under the influence of alcohol. Broadband has been bad recently, back on line now, so will pm a few people with sensible stuff, no silly nonsense.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

WTF are you lot on. :?

I lived in Leicester for over 20 years and never encountered this ?language?.

The DOND's in Leicester and Nottingham were amazing, first trick thats had any value in both places since Flashback. Mind you, that was in the days before Battle Axe, Pie Factory and Extremes born and bred players at a rate that rabbits would be proud of.

So who are you Extreme Eddy? If you live in Leicester and have been playing for a reasonable amount of time, I should know you? Only thing that confuses me, I know for a fact, none of the old-school Leicester players could do the win stopper. :P

Cheers, Mark
Scott

Post by Scott »

have been slotting for just over 10 years, we spoke in yates' when you was on the WIYB. [if your the same Mark]
Cobwebs 👆
JG

Good ones!

Post by JG »

Yes, yes. Ok, ok cards on table. I went to play the Crocks in your pox? in Goose three/4 Tuesdays and four/5 (maybe?) Tuesdays ago. Four Tuesdays ago about 4pm two guys with pints trying to stop winning or something like that. Disappointed, I left to play down the <<remaining a mystery location as it was so good>>. That was always a good one! Three Tuesdays ago, I got there earlier to defeat them, but alas they got there even earlier and one was on Goose and other in Yates! Greedy! Proper genuine players, left 'em 151 off on the darts I mean. Must admit I did a 240 with four darts on a somewhere else. Nice chocka blocka chocka, just hope they didn't key it after. My usually good one was there for a 180 and I blapped a £130 out some random lo-tech in Thomas' - never again probably!
Last bar one visit, my good one had closed down, so was a decidedly Baaaad one!!! But surprisingly Goose was full and there, Yates start button was bashed. Just had £120 from Goose. Some locals fluked a random flash board after I left it - quick £35!! Jeez.

I phoned up Leisure Link to ask if they could unchip it, but they were very unhelpful. I asked nicely as well.

I was surprised about Leicester, used to be notorious for being player rich. Never bothered going up to Notts, probably should have done by sound of it, but it's time you know, it's the time. I met some lads from far away at LFE....sorry mates onm the phione gotta go pm later
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

ExtremeEddie,

Ahhh, yes I am that Mark - Why the nick Eddie?

Cheers, Mark
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Streakypoos,

Well I dont really understand much of what you have written to be honest.

All I can tell you is, when I was travelling for DOND's, I was not bothering with crap like Yabba Dabba Darts, Red Gamings and any other equivalent drivel so it was not me that you saw.

Also, I dont carry a key - I dont see the point.

Why did you leave a machine just because two guys told you to get off it?

Cheers, Mark
JG

Post by JG »

Yes sorry about that. I just read that back and I don't understand much of what I had written to be honest.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Slammer wrote:ExtremeEddie,

Ahhh, yes I am that Mark - Why the nick Eddie?

Cheers, Mark

when i joined up it was the first name that popped in my head and i had loads of extremes on the go at the time.
Cobwebs 👆
JG

Post by JG »

Why did you leave a machine just because two guys told you to get off it?

They didn't, they were on the machine when I arrived in the pub. I bought a pint, walked over and it was all mobile phones, y'knows and this and that. The game was pretty much up until they put one in Ladbrokes!!

None of the old school Leicester crew could do WS? I bet Ocean could have done if he had wanted to.

Sometimes I wasted time on other machines. Although I was reasonably pleased with my methodology on DOND, I think in recollection it wasn't perfect. For a Midlands player, missing out Nottingham was a very poor mistake. Instead I wasted time in Loughborough Showboat. Naughty. I work part time and it was tempting to repeat a route I knew would have 3+ good ones, rather that float around a random city and waste half a day.

Is it true you made around 29k from WS Slammer?
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

I've been wandering around Goose Street all day and can't find any bloody hotel!
Scott

Post by Scott »

its a pub in leicester city centre.
Cobwebs 👆