Let's have a quick story based on today's events.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Let's have a quick story based on today's events.

Post by JG »

Harry Heat stopped off at the petrol station to fill his car up with fuel. He waited for the buzz of the pump as the cashier authorised his number. It never came, he waved over, but the cashier shooed him away, gesturing him to drive on.
Vexated Harry stomped over to outside the cashier's window.

"What are you playing at?"

"Sorry Sir, can't serve you. We've had reports of people in cars filling up and driving off without paying. You have a car. You need to leave."

Annoyed, Harry did just that. He still had a quarter of a tank of petrol left anyhow.

Hungry, he stopped off at a local supermarket to purchase a sandwich.

As he walked over to the snack refrigerator, he noticed lots of yellow stickers. Goody goody, reductions galore. Aha a turkey coleslaw sub for 85p but wait! Tuna crunch on malted bread only 65p....he was about to check the sticker on the chicken triple when....

"Sorry Sir, you need to leave..."

"But but....what have I done?"

"You know what you're doing with those reductions. It's not fair on the other customers. We've had a memo about people buying for value on the reduced produce. You have to leave now."

Totally perplexed Harry drove, in a somewhat zombified state to a local pub. He needed a pint to steady his nerves. Surely there wouldn't be a problem there, this wasn't Scotland, he could get away with a pint. Just to be safe he ordered a low alcohol beverage and started to drink it.....aah ice cool refreshment...but...

"Sir I'm going to ask you to leave....."

"Not again! Surely this is a wind up!"

"No Sir we've had a memo about people buying drink, drinking it and getting drunk and disorderly. You need to leave Sir."

"But but, I'm just having the one. It's barely 3% abv."

"I know you are Sir, but you still need to leave. I'm only doing what my manager tells me. We've had problems with disorderly behaviour Sir."

"Well ok I'll swap to orange juice"

"No Sir, you must leave"

Well Harry was positively baffled. Best to drive home to his kids and wife. Write the day off as a bad 'un

He turned the key in the door ready to be welcomed into the warm glow of cosy family life.

There they were, the loves of his life. His beautiful wife and two kids.

"Stranger danger!!" Shrieked the two kids as they ran up the stairs.

What was up with that? Some bizarre game they were playing at school maybe. He went to hug his good wife.

She recoiled violently pulling the pin out of a personal attack alarm.

"Get out the house now!!" She shrieked over the alarm, "you have to leave"

"Oh bugger this" moaned Harry, "I'm off to Mecca bingo to play Elvis in community"
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

harry heat is a great character george who we can all relate too ,,,,,,,,,, i can see you fleshing him out into more everyday situations lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

Stubble

Post by Stubble »

It's come to something when they've reduced the games down to just one or 2 buttons, but even then are unhappy about the way in which those 2 buttons are pressed!

I recently saw the irony when 2 Polish floor walkers were asking me to leave their arcade, talking about "hard working proples money" and "i was taking what i was not entitled to." Made me chuckle.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Fly on the wall scene of when stubble learned of the big sell off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-mZKy1Pcg
Going skint....
JG

Post by JG »

Just a cameo appearance me old chum, you never know, he may crop up again in the future.

The whole episode is very unsporting by all the major operators. It smacks of a deliberate plot to fish out 'player' profiles. When I went £600 into a £70 Winwall for a feature in Dunstable, did I bar the Mecca? Did I insist Rank Leisure were barred and needed to move the building and contents off the land?
I'd understand a barring if we were getting zappers to touch the motherboard by prying open doors and communicating via UV waves to intergalactic space monsters but we're pressing buttons.

Sour grapes. I also think that watching paint dry should replace this so called National pastime. I've played bingo in the past and apart from Cardiff with their 'twiffity daff' and chicken deluxe special it's usually a mind numbing experience.

"We're now playing for one line for a fiver"

It's only really the National Links with the uber prize fund that hold any sort of appeal. Claim Nantgarw. Oh I blinked and now some uber gran has the 50k.

Grapes that are sour. Press your E-package closest to when you think the paint has dried and you too could win £5.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Also if Cashino, Silvers, Noblets etc had just let players get on with it on 3s or less, then uber Pie Factory cashbox profits with everyone chasing everyone. Rather that than vague memos that result in anyone who wants to play £1 stake getting barred as they've changed the stake up and the memo says bar anyone under the age of 264 who is changing the stake.
Grrrrrr!
JG
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Yes, once again it reeks of overeaction and a lack of product knowledge that would be embarrassing in any other industry. They games are so robustly designed that they will find there way back to target fairly quick, and its mostly grannies that will be returning them there. They may be miffed that theyre not getting much of a game, but theyll still get a few wins and a rubbish top eventually. Or just unlink the network. Or just link up a dummy terminal and have it permenantly linked in. There are countless quick easy fixes for operators who know there product. It's absurd and rather churlish to complain about the manner in which people will press buttons, when (as i say above) you have reduced the buttons to 1!
ob

Post by ob »

Are they actually gonna just keep it how it is and juSt look out for people playing it a certain way and barring em.... pretty mad....
Eddie empty

Post by Eddie empty »

ob wrote:Are they actually gonna just keep it how it is and juSt look out for people playing it a certain way and barring em.... pretty mad....
I hope they do chip them soon its get annoying now hearing the £1000+ days every Tom dick and Harry's having now and I can't fart in a arc without getting asked to leave...lol
Mike25

Post by Mike25 »

Eddie empty wrote:I hope they do chip them soon its get annoying now hearing the £1000+ days every Tom dick and Harry's having now and I can't fart in a arc without getting asked to leave...lol
Must be very smelly farts. I got barred from a pub once for farting - to be fair, it did fucking reek, people were actually gagging, and I couldn't help laughing. It was particularly churlish, people were trying to eat.
ob

Post by ob »

People talk utter utter bullshit Eddie I wouldn't worry. Something tells me it won't be chipped at all and they'll try and get the value back on the percentage.... good luck with that....
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

I doubt they are as bothered getting some of the specific losses back from who got it, more just overall money. But they don't really need to "get it back" anyway - they make fortunes in profit every day and the amount taken (although considerable) won't be that relevant come the end of the year. It is relevant to the individual players and smaller arcades but not to all of the takings from all the machines combined, which is probably why they were left on since it went global couple weeks ago?!

!
Going skint....
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Be warned changing stakes makes you a crook...

http://www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk/news/ ... by-crooks/

It's amazing what they can get away with saying.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
AMK

Post by AMK »

That arcade looks shit. :D
... Join The Party!
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

how many of you got barred from at least one bingo hall?!
Going skint....