Which Barcrest machine is the worst?

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

i do apologise after a 2nd look :o ops: FANTASTIC :P
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

It has to be the re-chipped battle-axe and revolver style machines, they were good at first but any i find in arcades now are just pants :x
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Generally Barcrest machines have gone downhill over the years. The more recent crests are worse for regular profit than the older crests such as Battle Axe clones and King Kebabs and Austins.

Don't understand why some people on here rate Golden Dragon as the worst. This is actually almost the best ever crest. These streak more than even Battle Axe or Revolution. Then there was Dosh N Pecs and Fireball which were all good for profit. £15 Rev and BA could be emptied as they were never dead and some £25 Ultimos.

I even saw somebody rate Ready To Rock as their worst crest!!!! This is the best ever crest. The empty lasted years.

Basically the worst crests are the ones in the pubs at the moment. Bring back the good old days!
ob

Post by ob »

agree with the logopolis, ready to rock was great, if you knew how, every program could be done, infact I still know of 2 to this day!

older ones were definately better, more skillful, mugs couldnt get much out of them so they were seldom dead, unlike darts machines which mugs can easily get £10+ on the darts.

apart from the obvious tripe like megazone, gimme gimme gimme and clones, I'd say phil taylor darts is the worst barcrest, it just plays so much worse than the other darts games.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

.............without a shadow of a doubt a £25 chipped ultimo! put 300 in 1 on services WITHOUT a jacky! :x
neil222

Post by neil222 »

i cant see a ultmio taking 300 for no jp, were u collecting wins all on a all out force? if you knew when to take steps and use your nudges for golden hold the most i could imagine it would take is 150 and that is if a massive streak had come out
fat fat fat i tell you
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Yeah Ultimo and its clones should never take £300 for jackpot. If you were forcing, it would eventually start 3:3 and allow more than 5 steps from a bonus like selector. Similar to when the machine is streaking after a jackpot.
ob

Post by ob »

ultimo are only as good as you are :P
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

...........That was pure denial! I never took a thing, hard 2 believe eh? saw it with my own eyes on Hilton Park Services near B'ham and yes,i do know how this machine works, step,gamble etc had goldenhold a few times but reels always out of place and never had enuff nudges. Never had a problem with them b4 this certain 1 :(