Do all refill keys work?

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
adamdare

Do all refill keys work?

Post by adamdare »

Even though Ive been playing fruities for a long time ive never been tempted to buy a refill key, just wondering if they work really and what info they actually give the player. Also wondering where the best play to buy one would be?

Cheers
Gambling performs for the poor what property performs for the rich - something for nothing
Nixxy

Re: Do all refill keys work?

Post by Nixxy »

adamdare wrote:Even though Ive been playing fruities for a long time ive never been tempted to buy a refill key, just wondering if they work really and what info they actually give the player. Also wondering where the best play to buy one would be?

Cheers
Nowadays a turn of the key will usually only provide you with one detail: namely, how many pound coins short of being full the hopper currently is. Older machines, depending on various settings, would allow you far more info - such as last bank/last win/current percentage/target percentage etc.

I personally find them very handy as it allows me to scoot round Wetherspoons at 11pm and see which machines are in what state and not get drawn into playing a machine which is £60 short.

As for buying a key - on the High Street, Timpsons key cutters do them as do some (but not all) others. Online, ebay has both rip-off merchants AND reliable sellers, so be careful. If you end up paying more than £2 on ebay you know you're paying too much.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

ok mate, cheers, ill get looking on ebay. I know there common, ive just bener felt the nees to buy one. But it would probably save me a lot of money cos ill know wat to steer clear of as u sed

cheers
Gambling performs for the poor what property performs for the rich - something for nothing
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

adamdare wrote:ok mate, cheers, ill get looking on ebay. I know there common, ive just bener felt the nees to buy one. But it would probably save me a lot of money cos ill know wat to steer clear of as u sed

cheers
What i meant to say was 'i never felt the need to buy one'
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

If i go into my local timpsons, do i simply just ask for a fruit machine refill key? or is it some sort of 'behind the counter' thing, i know they aint illegal but i hea they are frowned upon. The bloke who works in my nearest one is a big, muscly bald bloke with a mean look about him and i dont wanna really upset him!

let me know
Oli

Post by Oli »

You need to ask for a "Lowe & Fletcher 87000 key".
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

oli212 wrote:You need to ask for a "Lowe & Fletcher 87000 key".
cheers mate, this was helpful
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

oli212 wrote:You need to ask for a "Lowe & Fletcher 87000 key".
What he said just write this down and head off to your local key cutters and they will do it for ya
justice For The 96
marsh

Post by marsh »

bought my refil key of ebay 1.50 and try using it at work when no body about it works fin and seems to allow me to see how much in hoppers and alter vol of machine will try to find out more when it quiet as seems ovious u r doing some thing
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Although if you play a machine that is provided by Gamestec beware of alarms when you twist the key.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 wrote:Although if you play a machine that is provided by Gamestec beware of alarms when you twist the key.
Or if it says MIDAS on the machine then keep yer key in yer pocket sonny jim!!
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 wrote:Although if you play a machine that is provided by Gamestec beware of alarms when you twist the key.
never had a problem with gamestec, its MIDAS you need to loook out for.
Oli

Post by Oli »

MIDAS is a product made by gamestec, so be careful. I've never seen a machine with either printed on them. But if i do, i wouldnt dare key it, even if it just had "gamestec" written on it. BTW, where abouts on the machine are they printed?
streaky bacon?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Thats what i forgot to add MIDAS. The lable is on the bottom door, left hand side.
neil222

Post by neil222 »

ive noticed machines with midas on them and i have keyed them with no trouble, whats suppose to happen a army of fruit machine pixies come out of the side of the machine and slap your wrist and pinch your key!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
fat fat fat i tell you