My "Hot Stuff" only shows 'Refill' when I turn the

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
jweaver100

My "Hot Stuff" only shows 'Refill' when I turn the

Post by jweaver100 »

I am the proud owner of "Hot Stuff" courtesy of 'Party Time', but it came without a Refill Key.

I managed to get one today and turned it, expecting to see the contents of the hopper (which should be about £80), but all I get is the word "Refill".

I was under the impression that I could do a few other things too, but I have tried all the buttons and it just says "Refill".

What am I doing wrong?

I do have the "Red Gaming" Service Manual, which shows a switch on Bank 2 (No 4) which turns this on/off, but on the Barcrest MPU unit, it seems that this switch is used for something else (i.e shows credits, rather than value, when you put money in).

Is there a similar DIP switch on Barcrest machines, or am I simply doing something wrong.

I look forwards to hearing from you

All the best

Jon
AliasOmega

Post by AliasOmega »

If its a non note changer machine then the hopper should hold £125.

By the machine saying refill £1 x 20, you know there is £105 in the machine...

Catch my drift..?

On the barcrests, refill option is only available. Other machines have sound options etc which is great for altering machines in wetherspoons on a saturday night so when played on sunday dinner time, they make a right good old noise.. :)
jweaver100

Post by jweaver100 »

But thats my point.. On my machine, it just says "REFILL".

I tried it out in Weatherspoons last night and all of the machines showed something like "100p x 52".. But on my Hot Stuff, the only way I can get the balance is to turn the key when the lid or cash door is open!!

Jon
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Hot stuff is quite old, but it should still have the amount left to go if you put a pound in the slot.

'100p x 52' means there is £52 to go in before it is full.
jweaver100

Post by jweaver100 »

Nope.. It just says "Refill".. if I stick £1, it just goes into the hopper.

Everything is working fine.. For example, if I open the cash door and turn the key, it says for example 100x60

If I then close everything up, turn the key and stick in, for the sake of argument £3, when I open the door and turn the key again, it now says 100x63.

So its working fine, but I am suprised that I can't get the balance by just turning the key.

It really doesn't matter... I am just trying to understand.

Jon
spa

Post by spa »

jweaver100 wrote:Nope.. It just says "Refill".. if I stick £1, it just goes into the hopper.

Everything is working fine.. For example, if I open the cash door and turn the key, it says for example 100x60

If I then close everything up, turn the key and stick in, for the sake of argument £3, when I open the door and turn the key again, it now says 100x63.

So its working fine, but I am suprised that I can't get the balance by just turning the key.

It really doesn't matter... I am just trying to understand.

Jon
I hear what you're saying. My Golden dragon does the same. Open the door and turn it for the balance.
ob

Post by ob »

yeh older machines didnt key thats why, machines used to tell you how much money was in the hopper, ie. hopper balance = £80, then they went through a period of not doing anything when you key ie. just saying refill, a number of machines ie. dragon, hot stuff etc. and machines of that era wouldnt show the hopper balance when you keyed them...

odd thing is, they re-allowed you to key on later machines...
spa

Post by spa »

Spiker shows the balance. Or did do anyway :)