Temple of treasure

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I wasn't talking about a "follow me" type feature, it was a "button basher" feature. Usually you could about a tenner from it, but the spazzy method meant you could get the jackpot.

It's been that long since I played one that I could have got the name of the feature wrong... it was also a trick I learnt before the Vivid trick. Once it came along, the days of me contorting myself over the buttons were behind me.
fhmassive

Post by fhmassive »

I'm sorry, vivid trick?

Please enlighten me.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

It was a method for getting 2 jackpots out of old Vivids when it really only wanted to give 1.

I'll send you it if you want (It's somewhere in this site under one of the many Cliffhanger threads). But I wouldn't bother doing it now... it doesn't work on any of the new Vivids and you're very unlikely to find an unchipped old Vivd now. And even if you did find one, and knew it was unchipped (I've been skanked a couple of times by rechips... I thought if it didn't say cash on the red L.E.D that it wasn't a rechip but shows how much I know), then the world and his wife, their dog, the barstaff, the arcade staff and the postmen would already be "doing" it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - it was well funny when that method first came out. I remember doing a PF at the bowling alley and first time I did it cacked myself as the machine went off after collecting that feature.

I sometimes wonder if it really was manipulative at all - just 'felt' like it was...

Oh well, long gone now! :)

What was the trick for Honey Money? Never saw one 'in the field', but heard many rumours...

:)

Post by Guest »

Matt Vinyl wrote:
What was the trick for Honey Money? Never saw one 'in the field', but heard many rumours...
trick for this was to plug when you get a jp, next spin it rolls in a non winning spin and starts playing the jackpot sequence. An easy empty and i still have one! p1's are easy to spot as if you come in when no one has played it like early in the morning it will be sitting with 3 jp's on the line :)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Nice one! :)

Probably never find one now though :( I rarely seem to encounter Vivids round my way...

...Not necessarily a bad thing though :)

:)
fhmassive

Post by fhmassive »

My local eaterie again, and just as my food pops up done, I take the Magic potion Feature it offers and it spins in Jp (£15) and repeats twice for a total of £45. Played for next board but nothing.

I have changed my way of playing this a bit, now I take any feature, and it seems to do me ok. Would love to have a red TOT again, only had it once went for £75, and some afters (not mine though, I was happy to walk away with the £75)
Turismo

Post by Turismo »

Small tip..if TOT is buzzing i go for Reels of fortune. Have had 5 repeats on £25 jackpot (£150) using this method, on at least 6 different occasions.
fhmassive

Post by fhmassive »

cheers turismo, I'll try it next time. I popped into see mine the other day to find that it had been done when the shop got robbed the night before.

I hope they keep the same machine there tho . . .
fhmassive

He's only gone and bloody done it ! ! ! !

Post by fhmassive »

So after this machine being out for Eons and Eons, I have finally managed to get the fruit matrix, and it went nuts.

I put in 3 pound to start and was offered a red Dragons Lair (find the best sum of money as they scramble themselves up). This was I think the first time I had had this particular feature on red and thought I was going to be gambling a second time for a bigger win as this feature does on other machines, but you then find the best mulitplier (£4.00 x 3) and so thought the small profit on a £15 jp was pretty good.

But I played on putting £5 in before it started to hold on the Fruit matrix forced the thing by nudging in more horseshoes to get another bonus, which was the last fruit add I needed.

The matrix repeated the JP 3 times. Suweeeeeet.
Cash is King

Post by Cash is King »

The matrix is quite easy to fill if you know the reels. When you only need one fruit you have just got to hope for a good bonus. I swear they updated the program from the original as this used to be an easy way to get JP. Now days you will probably hit Selector 7/10 times.
fhmassive

Post by fhmassive »

hmmm, in my usual one, the selector is no way near as commin as the Fruit add (skill). But having learned the reels properly, I'm gonna push this more and more for the matrix, i think as long as you nudge the next horseshoe in you should be able to eep filling the matrix up, it's been doing me quite well recently.

:P