Possible barcrest fruit machine problem

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
chris_newton

Possible barcrest fruit machine problem

Post by chris_newton »

Hi all

I might have an issue with my barcrest pacman power up fruit machine.

I have a feeling it's paying out more than it should but can't find out how to check and change this.

However and I might be wrong here but I thought another reason it might be paying out to much is the internal battery not working and not keeping track of what it's payed out.

Again I might be wrong here but I thought a good way to test this was to say put some money in and turn it off and leave it for a while turn it back on and the money should still be there to play. I did this a few weeks ago but only left it for an hour and the money was still there, but last night I decided to leave 25p in and turn it off over night and this morning when I switched it on the 25p briefly appeared but then went and the machine showed no money left in it to play.

Like I say I'm guessing this is a proper test and wondered if this means my internal battery has gone.?

Thanks for any help

Chris
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

that is a method i often used to check suspect batteries.

on bellfruit machines there is a hidden engineer menu which lets you view target versus actual % , afaik there is no such function on the barcrests.

you could note the cash in/ cash out meter values down, do the same after a week and work out its actual % that way.
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

You know what I think I have made a mistake.. I left 25p in overnight and when I switched the machine on this morning the 25p showed up but then vanished... So I assumed it had forgotten.. However when I just switched it on again and again it showed me the 25p and I realised it's set on 50p ago, as soon as I changed stake to 25p it let me spin so I'm guessing it does remember OK.. And as for paying out too much I guess it could be in my head
hankiepanky

Post by hankiepanky »

Thought these came with a set % key,obviously can be swapped for a variable % too.
I think overall,the % payout would right itself,as long as it's not being open/closed continuosly.
I had a Ooh Aah Count Dracula until recently,and I thought that was paying out way too much,this had a variable % key fitted,set at 80% (for my liking anyway),and I contacted Barcrest,they advised me to change it to 74 % ,did so,and after that it was hardest sob it win ANYTHING at all over £10,maybe having to throw £40 in first,which was great for when mates called round post pub closing.Sadly that unit eventually fell by the wayside,was going to cost to much to repair,so went and got a Rainbow Riches,still nowhere near as much fun to play OR make half as much as Dracula lol
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

Yea I have checked mine is set to 74 percent I'm going to monitor it.. Does opening up the machine reset the payout?
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

I have just had another thought..
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

I have just had another thought.. I noticed today when I opened the bottom part of the machine where the power pack is and the 2 coin trays are that in one tray there was 50p, 20p etc like I expected to see but in the other there was lots and lots of pound coins.

When I first got the machine the bloke did something so the machine would think there was money in it so I could play.

When I got it home I straight away put £100 in it so it would cover the jackpot and I thought it would all go in the big hopper thing. So I was surprised to see any in the black tray at the bottom.

There is still some money in the hopper because I took it out and rattled it and there was definitely some money in there.

I have have no idea how much is in the hopper or how much is in the trays but I thought the hopper held hundreds and I would say the max i have put in the machine is say £250.

Is there anyway I can empty the hopper then reset the machine so I can then feed the hopper and know exactly how much is in there and more importantly the machine knows exactly how much is in there?
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

Sorry for trebble post..
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

open bottom door
enter collector mode
press hopper dump switch near the cashboxes
machine will count what is in the hopper, as long as its less than maximum float just chuck it back in and the machine will do the rest.

from your description of what happened when you bought the machine, the bloke who sold you the machine simply hit the hopper top up switch.
if you only put 100 quid in then there will be less coins in the hopper than should be.

this will only become a problem if the machine goes empty, if i were you i would leave it as it is..
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

buzzer wrote:open bottom door
enter collector mode
press hopper dump switch near the cashboxes
machine will count what is in the hopper, as long as its less than maximum float just chuck it back in and the machine will do the rest.

from your description of what happened when you bought the machine, the bloke who sold you the machine simply hit the hopper top up switch.
if you only put 100 quid in then there will be less coins in the hopper than should be.

this will only become a problem if the machine goes empty, if i were you i would leave it as it is..
Thanks for your reply mate.. I have had a go at refilling and I mentioned it in a new post