Changing bulbs

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
chris_newton

Changing bulbs

Post by chris_newton »

Hi all

I have just bought a pacman machine made by barcrest.

I have a few very basic questions

I have noticed on the £4 display that its not all lighting up red, basically it all goes yellow with the rest of the payouts then they all go red but only half of this one goes red and its half yellow and half red. Yet when i look underneath i notice all the bulbs are working so am i right in thinking that all i need to get red bulbs to replace these with? i do have a pack of spare bulbs but they are all clear white.

Secondly i have noticed that there is another bulb out but try as i might i cannot get it out to replace it.. i have pulled and pulled at the white casing but its not budging. is there a technique to getting them out as i dont want to break it trying to get it out?

Thanks all
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

replace coloured bulbs with bulbs of the same colour.

sometimes the bulbs can be difficult to replace, the heat generated from the bulbs can alter the shape of the bulb holder, might need to use force to get it out.
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

chris_newton wrote:Hi all

I have just bought a pacman machine made by barcrest.

I have a few very basic questions

I have noticed on the £4 display that its not all lighting up red, basically it all goes yellow with the rest of the payouts then they all go red but only half of this one goes red and its half yellow and half red. Yet when i look underneath i notice all the bulbs are working so am i right in thinking that all i need to get red bulbs to replace these with? i do have a pack of spare bulbs but they are all clear white.

Secondly i have noticed that there is another bulb out but try as i might i cannot get it out to replace it.. i have pulled and pulled at the white casing but its not budging. is there a technique to getting them out as i dont want to break it trying to get it out?

Thanks all
Thanks i have managed to get them out! im not sure which ones to replace, i have added a pic to try and help make it clearer

What im confused about is it i replace where its yellow with red bulbs then when it goes all yellow wont that be then red?
Attachments
pic.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

no, they generally use red , yellow and blue bulbs (primary colours) to create other colours, but also green bulbs

replace like with like.. :)
chris_newton

Post by chris_newton »

Thats kinda where im stuck mate, as i dont know what goes where? they are all working ! if one wasnt working i could pull it out and see its red for example then replace but they all work so not sure which one to take out