Need help with B3 Elvis machine

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
bigslope

Need help with B3 Elvis machine

Post by bigslope »

Hi Guys, I'm new here and sort of feel bad asking for help already.
I do know my way around machines fairly well and have tinkered with lots over the years.
Anyhow I recently bought a Barcrest B3 Elvis Upright machine at it has been a headache from start to finish.

My latest problem is that the computer unit will no longer automatically switch on when i plug the machine in. I have to put the toggle switch on the PC unit to get it to start.
When i starts in goes through the Post screen then comes up with an error and will not go any further.
I have attached a screenshot of the error in the hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

I did take an image of the hdd immediately when i got the machine and imaged another drive.
This worked well but the machine will not work with either drive.

Thanks

Steve
Attachments
post-7415-0-21888600-1429020088.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

its good that you imaged the drive orignally, this sort of rules out a hardrive/software issue.

wiht the pc not booting automatically i wonder if the cmos battery has failed and loaded defaults at some point?
Can you access bios?

I would be looking into booting from usb or a cdrom and using hirens boot cd/drive to run memtest (check the ram is ok), there's also load of other diagnostic tools on it which might help you test aspects of the pc.

you could even booot in mini xp and run speccy, see if everything is working as it should...
bigslope

Post by bigslope »

Thanks Buzzer , I will change the cos battery and load defaults to see if it helps.
I have just downloaded Hirens boot disk and will use that if needed to check memory etc.
I guess it will be one step at a time to try and get this running.

I will keep you updated with my progress.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

you dont want to load defaults or it wont boot from automaticallly on start up, i cannot remember the exact setting for the life of me, might be worth a google...
bigslope

Post by bigslope »

oops, too late. I have got a bit further though but will look at it more tomorrow
bigslope

Post by bigslope »

Elvis is back in the building :-)
I changed the motherboard battery and reset the bios settings so it would switch on after power loss.
This got me a bit further but i got a game error.
I changed the hard disk to a different one and used acorns to re-image the new drive.
I did need to change the video settings as it was only using one monitor but after that it fired up and is working 100%

NOW I wonder what will go next on it.
Thanks Buzzer for pointing me towards the bios battery.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

your touch screen by the looks it lol.

i take it you have calibrated it after your recent repairs?

and switch on after power loss , thats what i couldn't remeber.. thanks.. :)
bigslope

Post by bigslope »

My touchscreen has been faulty from when i got the machine. I have tried to calibrate it a few times but if fails to respond in 2 corners of the screen.
I really need to get a new one fitted but will wait until i get on off eBay etc.

Anyway I am glad it is working again.

Also if anyone needs an Image of Elvis or any Barcrest Bpak files i have most. Mine is a Mk5 pc unit if it makes any difference