Note acceptor for a Barcrest Star Wars "a new hope" machine

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
beanieboy

Note acceptor for a Barcrest Star Wars "a new hope" machine

Post by beanieboy »

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew if the following note acceptor "NV8 Note Validator manufactured by Innovative Technology" fits and works in my Star Wars A New Hope machine? I've seen it in ebay but don't want to buy it on a whim! (unlike my new machine!!)
If this one is no good then any advice on which one I should get would be most welcome.
Also do I need a wiring loom or is the machine wired and ready for one?
Fitting instructions wouldn't go a miss either!
And maybe someone to fit it.
(the last one was a joke, I can fit myself!!)

Thanks in advance.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

doubtfull,
u need to drop the note acceptor plate and check what wiring is there. it is postioned hust right and below of the payout tray
this is done by opening the top door, then look down on the right hand side, you should see two wingnuts, take em off and look for the note acceptor loom, this will tell you if its wired for a nv8, 10 or a jcm note acceptor.

in addition to the note accepter you would need the correct fittings (bezel, plate), how you would fit it depends on which note accepter in can use.
you would need to reset the note acceptor and enter the bnv key in test mode.

there is a further complication with this machine type, there was a security issue years ago on these cabinets. people were drilling holes in jcm note accepters, gaining access to the c-c talk wiring and fraudiently emptying the machine in seconds.

the fix for this consisted of an eeprom change and a wiring upgrade.

you could have difficulties getting a note accepter (even the correct one) to work depending on whether either of the modifications has been done...
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

Thanks Buzzer for your comments. The machine I brought came with a front plate already fitted, just no mechanism behind. The security issue is not a problem as the machine is in my own house and doesn't appear to have been drilled etc. I will have a look for the loom. How would I know by the look of the loom to which note acceptor I need? Sorry for all the questions and maybe it will be a dead end but worth a try!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

post pictures of the loom, in particular the plug at the end of it.

also pictures of the plate (front and back), i'll tell you what you have and what you need :)

infact post pictres of mpu5 and the coinmech as well... will make things easier..
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

I can't actually see any wiring loom. The only wires there seem to be are just two wires that are connected to the NOTES part that I am guessing is just for a light to illuminate it. I have attached 3 pics what you requested, hopefully they come out good enough to make head or tail of.
Attachments
IMG_6337.jpg
IMG_6334.jpg
IMG_6333.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

you have the correct faceplate for the note acceptor your trying to fit, if you follow the wire loom from the hopper cable you should find it.

see the wing nut on picture 3, take it off and the one next to it, then the faceplate will open, hopefully youll find the wire loom in there somewhere.

can u take a picture of the mpu5 again but zoom out so that all the connecters are visable..
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

I've taken a better picture of processor and found a plug in picture 2 that looks like it comes from the hopper area. Is this note acceptor plug?
Attachments
IMG_6341.jpg
IMG_6340.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

your missing the loom.....

theres a cable you need that connects the note accepter the connector in pic 2.

the security update looks like it has been doen, so thats good,
i'll try to track down an image of the cable you need ,
where were u thinking of buying the note acceptor, possibilty of getting a loom with it?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

this is what you need, the item has ended, but will let u see what u need.. :)

Code: Select all

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARCREST-MPU5-NV8-NV10-NOTE-ACCEPTOR-LOOM-/111432291935[/url]
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

Thanks for that. This is the one I'm thinking of buying but neither come with the loom.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141457159688? ... EBIDX%3AIT

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281488185501? ... EBIDX%3AIT
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

or this one
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

sorry to be a pain, but found these looms on this website

http://www.e-service.co.uk/product/dedi ... or-harness

http://www.e-service.co.uk/product/thom ... or-harness

On the label inside my machine it says NV8/NV10 under the note acceptor heading.

and on the same website I found this

http://www.e-service.co.uk/product/qual ... ceptor-que
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the loom is no use m8 wont fit your machine, either of the note accepters will fit but the second one has the bracket, so a better option.

worth mentioning also, these acceptrs are only programmed for cetain notes. IE scottish, english or both

u need to make sure the n/a is programmed for the notes u need..

i will try and find the loom u need, keeping looking though..
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

Thanks for your help so far. I reckon fitting won't be a problem and programming seems ok (been watching loads of you tube videos!!)
Let me know if you find a link for a loom. That e-service website seemed like it had some.