top gear

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
bigv038

top gear

Post by bigv038 »

new m/c in my local pub, any tips would be much appreciated. thanks
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Good m/c in my opinion. There is a little trick in which you gamble up on the feature stack until 'smash and grab' which is normally a £10. The m/c usually allows this gamble, but sometimes the gamble can be lost around the 4/5th feature.

Also on certain reel setups... there is a possibility you can gamble to the top feature. In most cases it allows you to gamble straight from the bottom feature all the way to 'smash and grab'.

The only problem is that it can cost around £8 for a board and then only give £4 on the smash and grab feature so just try and get 2 £10ers out of it and then leave it.

Tom
Triton

Post by Triton »

what was the setup on this just out of interest, was it something to do with blue sevens and a green bar or just when there is a large win near e.g. £6 - £10.

Used to have this one in my local but didn't have much profit in it, as before long everyone was just sat there hammering the gamble feature, was quite amusing to watch sometimes :lol:
Whatever happened to the good old days!!
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

It is in fact 'cash grab'
Can go all the way to the top without the set up as well
The set up is when you have all the melons in view with either the blue sevens or triple bars

If its offering no more than pot shot on 2 consecutive boards leave it alone
If its letting you get up to sevensational on most boards stick at it
There was talk of just taking £1 from the cash n grab feature but i always took the £10
Still managed the speed streak not long after

Can take a while of recycling your money but if it is gambling up then you should get there eventually

Be aware though that if it starts to pot shot for couple of boards it has to be left
It can do this mid-way through

Managed quite a lot of profit from this m/c over a year ago until everyone stated catching on even then money could be made

Best was 3 speed streaks one after the other for about £90 :D
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

One point to note on this - if you do play a few boards without collecting the feature stack, and you are getting good values on the cash side, it is worth trying to force out the JP and collect this as opposed to SS. Have had JP repeat most of the time I've collected it. (A few skill repeats also now and again).

You just have to way up whether you want to get a quick (usually) £25 from the SS, or a more likely £50 from the JPR.

This one definitely can take a good few quid for a board though...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

thanks for your replys so far guys, had 1 backing today so chased it eventually got JP after £23 in and it gave a true skill repeat! :P best thing about it is its in a local camp site which no locals are allowed, however im on good terms with the owner. could make for a few good pickings for me :)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

got JP after £23 in and it gave a true skill repeat
Proves me' point nicely fella'!

Well done! ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
matty21

Post by matty21 »

hey,

one reel setup for speed streak is blue 7 on the far left reel with a melon below it, cherry on middle reel and green bar on the far right.
this has bout 60% chance of gambling to speed streak.

hope this helps.