Smash Martins

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Matty

Smash Martins

Post by Matty »

Any info on this machine guys? Jus moved into my local! :D
Gone.But not forgotton 16th Aug 2006..............
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Are the 'Smash Martins' a spin-off from the band 'The Housemartins'?

Birdhouse in your soul 'n' all that... :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

Never played it, but from other fruity sites - the general feeling seemed to be that it was absoltely appauling.....

Kingy.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Birdhouse In Your Soul was actually by They Might Be Giants. What a pedantic sod i am. I love the song though...

'Not to put to fine a point on it, say i'm the only bee in your bonnet'. Class! :D 8)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Mattb wrote:Birdhouse In Your Soul was actually by They Might Be Giants. What a pedantic sod i am. I love the song though...

'Not to put to fine a point on it, say i'm the only bee in your bonnet'. Class! :D 8)

Matt
You're right y'know ... I just can't get a very slow, acoustic version performed on the Jools Holland show that I'm sure was performed by the housemartins - ohhh why am I so crap with anything involving memory!

What was this thread about again? :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I played Smash Mart'i'ans when it first came out a while back and found it really naff. Certainly not one of Barcrests' best offerings. I hate the way that these style of machines do you in on a 2 or an 11 constantly. Surely the programming could be better and give you a more dodgy number when it doesn't want you to get any further... But I suppose doing that would mean more people collecting smaller wins and thus pushing the 'bigger' wins back?

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
e_a_g_l_e_eye

SM

Post by e_a_g_l_e_eye »

Unless someone knows otherwise I thought along with megazone this was one of the worst barcrests ever released. Not worth bothering with.
Anyone died off coke mix?
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

If you do decide to force, watch out for the next 2 boards, the 2nd tends to be 1/12's and then when u enter the super board it will go IM. You can normally take a decent feature on the 1st board and it will still do it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Yup, I had the 1/12 scenario... :) Funny how it goes IM when you open up the SB.

I do think this is bonfire material though. Really not much playability at all... :(

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
fhmassive

Post by fhmassive »

I still think this machine is decent for quick steals, I often throw £5 -£10 in and take out £15 - £20 from the shots and repeats.

Also good for ripping into when someone takes a first JP and walk soon after, cos as said above, the next couple of boards can hold nice surprises.

Fhmassive
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Bring on November 5th! :)
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Palyed this last night, offering £10 repeater after £5 in not backing so decided I would push anyway, took £40 to get IM when entering the super board gave a £35 MS and then went completely dead
justice For The 96
Matty

Post by Matty »

Yeah this machine is jus down from me but judging on the aboves will not play it!
Gone.But not forgotton 16th Aug 2006..............

Post by Guest »

Mega Zone is nothing compared to this complete pile of shit (even makes The Wheel of Wealth look good). Found Smash Martians for the first time in a Wetherspoons last night, so I thought I'd try it and stuck a £20 in (after keying it to find it just £4 off), and came away with fuck all. Kept killing first gamble on turbo gambles (even 'slipped' off the £1 on one attempt!) and the number reel always started on 2/5 on the feature, and was being a complete arse with the hi-lo gamble giving me stupid numbers when I did get in. On the last credit, I got some super shots and was offered a Win Streak, and as I was about to take it, the fucking machine turned itself off. Complete and utter kak. Should have on it:

NO PRIZE GREATER THAN ZERO POUNDS AND ZERO PENCE CAN BE WON IN ANY ONE GAME.
THIS MACHINE HAS A PAYOUT OF AT MOST 0%