Do all refill keys work?

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Oli

Post by Oli »

The bar staff are informed - either through a silent alarm or a noisey alarm.
streaky bacon?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

When i have gone to the bar at one of my locals i have noticed the MIDAS security box, it looks like a house security alarm.
bigredkev

Post by bigredkev »

Hi there,

I have a Barcrest Club Take Your Pick (£250 jackpot) and I have bought a Lowe & Fletcher 87000 key and it will not work. I can insert the key about half way in to the keyslot and then I cant turn it in any direction. Is there another key available for machines of this age that I should be looking for ?

Many thanks
Barcrest Club Take Your Pick 1996
big_fella_andy

Post by big_fella_andy »

hey, im not a frequent fruit machine player... but what you are saying,t heys a key... what you put in.. and then it tells you how many £ it is until the hoppers full (ready to pay?)

if so, where does it display this info? on the credits display? :D thx
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Yeah shows you how much untill the machine (Hopper) is full. - Doesn't mean that the m/c is going 'to pay out'. Machines that are monitored by MIDAS will be alarmed, when turning a refill key or when the m/c is turned off/ on. There should be a box behind the bar with MIDAS writen on it.

However, sometimes the machine is not connected to the box behind the bar or an alarm is not set off when using your key. There is a nearby pub to me with m/cs that are monitored by MIDAS - i had no trouble keying th eextreme in there about 1 month ago :D
joel_winders

Post by joel_winders »

in my local all of the m/c's have midas stickers on them but they have no system in there ! i think most places now just have the stickers as a scare tactic !
mcd_chicken

Post by mcd_chicken »

Be careful, midas can be really noisey if its set up on a machine you try to key.

Make sure you are a fast runner otherwise it won't be pleasant.

For more info on refill keys you can have a look at an article in http://www.fruitmachinefanatic.co.uk

Bob.