Throw A Wobbler - Barcrest

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
Cash is King

Post by Cash is King »

MJD some pubs are test sites and probably why you always see new machines coming and going. My local used to be the same I dont think there has been a machiine lats longer then 5 months in there
mjd

Post by mjd »

aye.

One pub near me has had Vamp it up for well over a year now.
boom
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

Just got told of a local location for a Wobbler, so had a wee drive to said pub.

And its one of THOSE pubs ! You know the one, right slap bang in the middle of the roughest council estate in town.Full of schemy neds,chavs junkies and SHARKS !

Never felt so much pressure playing a machine for a long time and all i was doing was forcing it.

" Thats a good feature mate, collect it, take the blue series blah blah blah ".I honestly hated it that much i was actually fearing for me safety.

Jp off sh, thought it was dead as next board was £2 max offered but it spun in 3x numbers next credit and started " wobbling ".Cue " youve got the jackpot mate " by about 5 locals.

Felt obliged to stay for another bottle just to make it seem like i wasnt just there to rob the machine.

Think i might take some company next time.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Which particular hell-hole was that?

I remember doing a machine in the salubrious surroundings of Possilpark (Glasgow) about 5 years ago. I won a wad out of TT, and a couple of busybody locals came over and started giving me the 3rd degree. I tried to play it off as luck, and they growled a bit but that was it. They skulked back to the bar, muttering darkly about "dick students" coming in and taking what was "rightfully theirs".

I still had 3/4 of a pint, so decided to neck it quickly then scarper. Of course, me being me, I decided to chuck a quid in the other machine (some shocker of a bellfruit if memory serves). I took a low down feature hoping I wouldn't win much. Of course, sods law, I ended up taking ODDS ON that gave me the jackpot which repeated twice. I could feel the hairs rising on the back of my neck as I could feel everyone in the place watching me.

Happily, I took my 45 bangers and did the toes so quickly that they never had a chance to ask me to contribute to the Darts Team, or something liike that