Most popular crest ever?

Discuss Barcrest Fruit Machines Here..
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

My fave crest has to be the good old BFU series they released, soon as the first one of them popped up they were able to batter left right and centre, basically would drop if full within £20 and give no less than £40.

Nowdays mind its slightly different with them being forced from offering £4 cashpots :roll:

Cloud 999 as it has being said was amazing when the streak was there, especially weird with the type of machine it was..... CBW on £5 JP was amazing as when it was offering £3.60+ and full just force out for the £5 MS then take a £3.60 repeater on the next board and see what it goes upto, have had it give £30+ on that.

Worst crest has to be Fireball and Megazone I despise them machines..... Top Gear was another famous one as it was just feature up from when they were first released.

Actually IMO I think all the Crests ever released have being the best machines ever (TAW :wink: ) Just dont like the late machines coming out now :shock:
justice For The 96
neil222

Post by neil222 »

[quote="&quot"]
Worst crest has to be Fireball and Megazone I despise them machines.....

fireballs and dosh&pecks were major money makers
fat fat fat i tell you
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

dnp, fireball, p cash beast, frenzy, ready rock, up n over, thunderbirds, lucky strike, golden dragon, battle axe, revoultion, ultimo are the MASTER OF BARCREST MACHINES. surely someone agree with me !!!!! :lol:
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Yeah Fireball is on £25 sorry I meant to say when switched to the £5 settings, all that series such as Ultimo are great on the £25 as the £75 was there for the taking nearly every time it potted.

But when on £5 and you get a board (if you get a board) and you are after £3 or a minor profit it always dies and as for cash link I never thought it could give you a win of £0.00.

Feature with no money made off it thats just pathetic I will stick to me Space Raiders and my unchipped BKC :roll:
justice For The 96
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

yer BKC was good too. good emptier if unchipped
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

Yeah I loved and still love rev and clones there is still a battleaxe around at £25 in my area, which is still a good punt. Rev and clones were probably horrible for the casual punter without knowledge of the safe gambles as even when buzzing they kill reguraly on 3 and 10's. Then came fireball and dosh and pecks which replaced the reliable steps with hot numbers, never had the same success on these too many kills on 2's and 11, where you knew a 2 or 11 was 99 times of of a 100 a safe gamble on rev and clones. I play on my revolution machine at home regularly and can probably count on one hand how many times it has killed me on a 2 or a 11.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Nudges Unlimited.

Adders & Ladders.

Twilight Zone and clones.

Dracula Club.
spa

Post by spa »

harry2 wrote:Nudges Unlimited.

Adders & Ladders.

Dracula Club.
A Barcrest Twilight Zone? Don't remember that ;)

The original nudge nudge wink wink on the £4.80 jackpot was an amazing. Cloud 999 like some other have said were good too, so was Sunset Boulevard :) The Viz looks great but was a weird one to play.

More recent machines, any with discs or red/blue trails are great.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

SteveV2 wrote:
harry2 wrote:Nudges Unlimited.

Adders & Ladders.

Dracula Club.
A Barcrest Twilight Zone? Don't remember that ]

Are there any without discs or red/blue trails lol ?

Remember when trails had jp at the end !!!!!!!!
PMK

Post by PMK »

Looking back through this thread..........

How things have changed!!!

Rips aside, look at the shit barcrest are putting out these days.

Certainly NOT the leading manu anymore. Apart from when it comes to program fuck ups.
darren

Post by darren »

TAW is my favourite, of any machine. I still have £15 psychos, they have nothing on TAW. CLASSIC.

Get the hint barcrest, release a £70.

Post by 999329753 »

No one (at least I dont think) has mentioned squids in, jolly gems and let the good times roll which were the barcrests of the time when I was starting out. All the other machines mentioned were great but these were the first real barcrests I got to know. Also loved ten out of ten if anyone remembers that??
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

darren wrote:TAW is my favourite, of any machine. I still have £15 psychos, they have nothing on TAW. CLASSIC.

Get the hint barcrest, release a £70.
Throw a wobbler came out about 8 years after psycho cash beast.. thats like comparing a playstation one game to a ps3 game.. similar theme, but anyone who played £15 cash beasts when they came out will say they were the dogs bollocks... taw isnt a bad machine but theres a big difference,

i dont think either would work on a £70 setting, unless it played like the £75 club version of pcb.. but then the £1 a play would screw it up...

imagine getting the repeat and then a nearest win jp after... it would suck
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

cloud 999!

&

nudge nudge wink wink!

really takes me back! would love to find one again, even if it is just on a cat D - can't beet a good lo-tech

dosh and pecks was definatley one of my favourite features, would love a re-vamp!

i used to love the original count yer cash
ailsa266

Post by ailsa266 »

I'd almost forgotten about Ten out of Ten...."you can do it, old boy!" Happy days!