Deals and offers

Found a hot deal or a good offer? An online bargain? A fab cashback offer? Share it here!
betchrider

Deals and offers

Post by betchrider »

After mystery plums offering yesterday,what about a deals and offers section. I'm sure we all spot stuff when we're out and about,2for1s plus other offers voucher codes etc or even deals in supermarkets. Being a ahem“Yorkshireman" I'm always on the lookout for a bargain or a bulk buy to save a few quid. Will it work?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

For example in groupons valentine shop Vera Wang is reduced to£29 from 62 so looks good
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Sounds good to me mate!
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Thought this was going to be a thread regarding cashpots though. Heheh.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

good idea Betch, they have this on the other forum and seems to be quite popular, nowt wrong with a bit of plagiarism.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

For instance just been Asda and we buy that dettol spray cos of the young un and 500ml was £1 yet 750ml was £2.98! Go figure
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Not going too well is it?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

of course they put things up to bring things down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, someone more knowledgeable than me will know about the legal timeline requirements .

but ln a nutshell ,,,,,,,,,, if asda sell a tin of spaghetti for 37p for example ,,,,,,,,,,, then up it to 39p ,,,,,,,,,, their not gonna advertise the fact ,,,,,,,,,, then after a certain amount of time they can advertise a sale/reduced price of 37p and still get what they want from it etc.

argos regularly advertise their catalogue with ,,,,,,,,, over 1000 prices reduced etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but they have put another 1000 different products up etc , or introduced so many new products that they can discount at a later date.

after christmas lots of people say oooh quick lets go up town and hit the january sales , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's all bollocks of course ,,,,,,,,,, especially with womens clothes , because they have an inflated price beforehand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you try finding genuine january sale items for something you actually want ? ,,,,,,,,,,, curry's will probably advertise a bargain huge tv set to draw the punters in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only to be told ,,,, ''sorry sir our allocation for this store (2 lol) have sold out '' ,,,,, '' but whilst your here we have this 4grand model for you to look at sir''

sales ? meh ,,,,,,it's all a psychological con.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Yes, some "deals" you see in shops and other places are anything but.

A bit like adverts for National Lottery scratchcards.

In any one of their adverts, it's amazing how it's always the same outcome. Incredibly, the person who buys just one of those bloody things just happens to get the one with the £100,000 a year for life winners, or the new car etc.

Why not advertise them but with true to life accounts.

The miserable cow who regularly buys thirty in one go, scratching frantically while puffing away on a B&H in anticipation, yet rarely gets anything more than a poxy quid back for years on end.

Or that advert in the bookies plugging Cops 'n Robbers where it throws in five Berts - like it does so often - and pays a jackpot, whereas in reality, punters can, and usually do, pump hundreds into them just to get three Berts in and are given a measly £21 for all their trouble.

Bollocks & moans all round.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Posted twice for some reason.

Obviously just to annoy me.
ob

Post by ob »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:
Or that advert in the bookies plugging Cops 'n Robbers where it throws in five Berts - like it does so often - and pays a jackpot, whereas in reality, punters can, and usually do, pump hundreds into them just to get three Berts in and are given a measly £21 for all their trouble.

I've never seen 5 Berts and I've seen LOADS of people sat on em... oh so realistic.... at least the advert for lucky devil shows the baggetelle feature landing in the shit amount next to the high amounts, which it always does (not from personal experience I hasten to add :P)
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Asda are scumbags. We see these adverts on tv all about 'we have this many items cheaper than our rivals' and 'look what items we've rolled back the prices of'. When in reality, if they roll back the price of 200 items by a 1p, they will up the price of 50 item buy 5-10p. Do the maths!

Also, this bullshit 'check our prices on your receipt online and we'll prove we're cheaper than our rivals, we'll refund the difference if we're not' is a con. They only let you select certain products to compare!!!

I always do they weekly shop with the missus and I rage all the way around Asda every week. Some people are just thick as fuck or oblivious to their scams. Or both.
tommya

Post by tommya »

I like morrisons u get a nice feel in there, the little touches make the difference
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

tommya wrote:I like morrisons u get a nice feel in there, the little touches make the difference

never shopped there , but do have one close. what little touches are you refering to?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Yeah they are mines like walking through a market wi fishmongers etc