Monopoly Boom or Bust Technical help wanted based in Stafford

Discuss Bell Fruit Machines Here..
rchris83

Monopoly Boom or Bust Technical help wanted based in Stafford

Post by rchris83 »

Hi All

I am based in Stafford and was hoping to find someone who might be willing to come and look at my machine.

I have been getting on/off alarm and release buttons alarm codes after switching the machine on.

If i turn the machine on with the cabinet locked, I get the on off alarm first, and then a stuck button alarm, if the cabinet is open then I get the stuck button alarm straight away.

I think it is partly my fault for playing the machine in demo mode, by persistently opening the cabinet to play in this mode, perhaps one of the detectors is not functioning properly of I have knocked a connection out etc.

Knowing nothing about how fruit machines work and not being very technically minded I did mind manage to investigate all the playing buttons to see if a switch was stuck down, but they all seem fine and free. I think it is time to try and find someone local who could help investigate and fix and perhaps would not be as expensive as an engineer.

Any advice/contacts would be appreciated!

Chris
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

you can switch off the on/off alarm using the dil switches on the board, i think its switch two.

as for the buttons, press them all and make sure thay are working properly, either a button will be jammed on ar a microswitch will be faulty.

you can workout which switch/button is giving you a problem by carefully disconnecting one of the wires to each switch one at a time and restting the machine(not the bulb holder)

don't forget to check all switches on both glasses
rchris83

Post by rchris83 »

Hi Buzzer, thanks for the reply, I really appreciate any help!

I will have ago at your suggestions, I did take out all the wires to each button (ones on the top display too), and check the switch to each and they all seemed free. I think I also tried resetting the machine
too after each one was disconnected to see if the alarm would stop but i can do this again.
1. Each button seems to have four wires connecting it, does it matter which wire is disconnected, before resetting the machine?
2. If i disconnected all the buttons and reset the machine should this mean that there should be no alarm? or if there is it would confirm it is not to do with the buttons being stuck?
3.The reason I ask the above question is because I actually think the cause may be to do with the sensors on the bottom cabinet
rchris83

Post by rchris83 »

Hi Buzzer, thanks for the reply, I really appreciate any help!

I will have ago at your suggestions, I did take out all the wires to each button (ones on the top display too), and check the switch to each and they all seemed free. I think I also tried resetting the machine
too after each one was disconnected to see if the alarm would stop but i can do this again.
1. Each button seems to have four wires connecting it, does it matter which wire is disconnected, before resetting the machine?
2. If i disconnected all the buttons and reset the machine should this mean that there should be no alarm? or if there is it would confirm it is not to do with the buttons being stuck?
3.The reason I ask the above question is because I actually think the cause may be to do with the sensors on the bottom cabinet