Scorpion 2 board needed - broken Timelord machine

Discuss Bell Fruit Machines Here..
Phono Paul

Scorpion 2 board needed - broken Timelord machine

Post by Phono Paul »

Hi, new member here!

This feels like a naive long shot but the board on my (very old) "Doctor Who - The Timelord" machine has recently died. Happened as I was playing on it. Fuses are ok, power into (and out of) the board is fine, but no LED lights on the board and the machine itself is dead.

Board is a a Scorpion 2 (Iss 4, if that matters!). I've tried a few parts places but no joy. I'd almost consider buying a working machine of the same era (around 1995) to swap out the board, but as I'm not based on the mainland that doesn't seem an option.

Any ideas where one might be sourced? (Or suggested ways to resurrect the dead board?!)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

if there is no LED lit on the board i was suspect the power supply or power supply loom.

check the molex plugs on the power supply loom for signs of heat damage.

silly question, have you checked your power lead is still working is mo signs of life on the machine?
Phono Paul

Post by Phono Paul »

Thanks for the reply!

The fuse lights are lit where the main power supply connects, so they appear fine.

I've (by which I mean my father-in-law!) checked the power out of the board with a multimeter and there's current there, so power appears to be flowing through the board. Just nothing happening on the board itself.