DOND Break the bank

Discuss Bell Fruit Machines Here..
indemicky

DOND Break the bank

Post by indemicky »

Hi all, Ive just bought a DOND break the bank and a Mazooma Monopoly Hot Property (I'm posting about that here as it seems almost identical)

Monopoly is 30p/50p stake £70 jackpot and has no percentage key in. No note acceptor
DOND is 50p/£1 stake and £70 jackpot and has a switch-able % key in, which was set at 78% (which I've now changed to 70%(I think)), has note acceptor

Couple of issues on the first weekend they were in the bar...

First of all, the Hot Property machine was down the first night by £5/£10 I put £3 in normal play and it give me a £40 'bank or bust'! Obviously I emptied the hopper and switched it off.

Second, the DOND didn't make as much as I expected, but the first night the note acceptor was disabled for some reason (it was working fine when I first switched it on) so I flicked one of the dil switches relating to it and it now works, I forget which setting it was, but if I remember rightly it was dil switch 5

I'm a total beginner to the world of owner operating fruit machines, but a long time player (figured I probably should be the one with the keys, the real winner), and fairly computer/electronics savvy so should be able to do most repairs/work my self

So couple of questions;

To change the percentage on the DOND, do i literally just flick the switches to the desired settings and thats it done?

If my monopoly machine doesn't have a % key fitted does that mean its set to totally random, or the last key that was fitted or something else?

Can I reset the counters in the menus so I can work out from the machine what its made?

Is there a way to fully reset the machine so everything is flattened? (previous plays, payouts, percentages etc)

Do I need to buy another percentage key, or will the one in the DOND service them both?

I read if the battery is low, the ram wont be maintained or something along them lines, does this sound right/how do i check/are these expensive?

Cheers in advance
BFK

Post by BFK »

Sounds to me like ur a greedy git!

70%???????

Wanting to know how to wipe previous inputs???

Hope they get tooled.
indemicky

Post by indemicky »

is 70% not normal then no?

Also, i bought these machines to make money, I was very surprised to find i had LOST money in the first night, then when i played it my self to find it was ready to pay MORE money out. I'm just trying to get on the right foot to start with, then can leave them to crack on.

Instead of being flippant and frankly, no help at all, why don't you read my post, and take note of the bit where i say 'I'm a total beginner to the world of owner operating fruit machines'. From there you might go on to say, '70% is quite low and your punters might get sick of playing and not winning' which is the only bit of information i can decipher from your negativity.
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

I stopped reading after you said you lowered the % you dirty prick
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Landlords as thick as you shouldn't be aloud to own machines I hope you're shitty bar goes under
dog section

Post by dog section »

78% is business average.
k9-sec.co.uk
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

It will level out but when you said you play it yaself you must be an arse, no doubt you will bar anyone who wins over £20 on it! police will be called it'd you ever get £140.

You want it to make money, you play it to win more money and then if someone wins it you will want em to spend it all over your bar on drinks/food.

Why not just have no fruity? Then any money spent is in your till.......
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Cf

Post by Cf »

If I owned a pub and had my own machines I'd set them to 90%+ with big signs advertising this fact.

People and suppliers wanting to set them down to 70% (72% is becoming a common sight in pubs around here) is the short term mentality that's going to kill this game off. In some ways you can't blame them though. A Bank Job Gold is hardly gonna be making much so it would seem the logical thing to do is to lower the %...
BFK

Post by BFK »

indemicky wrote:is 70% not normal then no?

Also, i bought these machines to make money, I was very surprised to find i had LOST money in the first night, then when i played it my self to find it was ready to pay MORE money out. I'm just trying to get on the right foot to start with, then can leave them to crack on.

Instead of being flippant and frankly, no help at all, why don't you read my post, and take note of the bit where i say 'I'm a total beginner to the world of owner operating fruit machines'. From there you might go on to say, '70% is quite low and your punters might get sick of playing and not winning' which is the only bit of information i can decipher from your negativity.
This forum is more for players than people siting machines.

I appreciate ur new to the game, but ur clearly out to mug off people as much as possible with low %age settings.

Fruit machines have long cycles. One nights play means nothing. But at the end of the month you'll see ur 30% profit of the total input more clearly. The cash or bust button u hit to get the £40 means a punter won't see it again for a while and as a result may lose interest initially.

Be aware that £70 machines (even shit ones like you've bought) can do big streaks of £200+ so relax leave the machines alone and stop flapping. At least the 2 machines you've bought are unlikely to be targeted by professionals as they are total horse shit. Let's just hope ur punters are not the brightest of people or they'll soon figure out that both games are poor and simply stop playing them.

Best of luck.

That better for you??!!!!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Cf wrote:If I owned a pub and had my own machines I'd set them to 90%+ with big signs advertising this fact.

People and suppliers wanting to set them down to 70% (72% is becoming a common sight in pubs around here) is the short term mentality that's going to kill this game off. In some ways you can't blame them though. A Bank Job Gold is hardly gonna be making much so it would seem the logical thing to do is to lower the %...
Very true.

Assuming the operator has the requisite permits to lawfully site such machines the best bet is to float them correctly and have them on a decent % to generate interest amongst clientele. Over time both machines should yield healthy takings.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
dog section

Post by dog section »

also if he emptied the hopper of 40quid off a 3quid stake then there werent alot in it if someone won a jackpot. wonder if the iou would have been settled or if "you will have to contact the operator" who doesnt exist.
k9-sec.co.uk
BFK

Post by BFK »

As with most iou's it's a simple 'The machines have nothing to do with us' Ironically when u get barred from the very same places it changes to 'I'm sick of u coming in here and emptying my machines'

The other day I apoarently had an app on my phone that could confuse the machine!!!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

is that the kesh app?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Yes
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Good app