Dough Ho Ho

Discuss Bell Fruit Machines Here..
stekebabman

Dough Ho Ho

Post by stekebabman »

Bought a Bell Fruit Dough Ho Ho today,a dual stake 25p/50p play £35 JP,(thought I'd relive my youth LOL).
Been playing perfectly OK,until just now,where it appears reel 3 is completely out of line,(ie:it's allowing you on the game board when only reels 1 & 2 have 'parrots in view),and other random wins also,first two reels have same symbol,3rd one different,yet machines saying it's a win).
As I say been no problems at all for about 6hrs play,just started now.
I haven't moved/opened machine since it was delivered,only to float it up/dumped/refilled it up again,then locked up,played great .

Anybody any ideas on this one??

Been tinkering with 'fruities' for more years than I care to remember tbh,but never actually come across this fault before :( :(

Any advice/info/help VERY much appreciated by you guys,because I do know there are some quite technical minded amongst us here !! LOL :) :)
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

buzz it up and keep hitting cob on entry build the bank up slowly
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Got locked in a pub in norwich over one of those bloody things!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

how's that gonna fix it mav ? lol

he dont want a playing method
Little discipline = BIG issue

streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Reel sensor I believe, get it in test and do a reel test and check any sensers near the reel to make sure there all working
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

Never had need to do reel test,so not entirely comfortable about what to do/what to be looking for even if I did this??
My past experiences lie with early JPM/Electrocoin mainly,really wouldn't want to be dabbling with 'the unknown'.
Could anybody please explain in plain 'broadspeak' English,so a beginner would understand :)

Thanks guys
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

open to front and should be a test button on the board, or just move the reel round with the hold button as it will let U move it while its in door open mode, U will see the sensers trying to keep the reel in line, if they fail then it will do what yours is doing, new reel or repair/clean old sensers I believe
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

OK,thank you 'streakseims',I'll give that a go later on and report back.
Machine was bought from a company I've dealt with before,and had no problems at all,it's covered by a 30 day back to base warranty,but I'm not gonna hump the damn thing 70+ miles,hopefully it's going to be a relatively easy fix,a shame if I have to exchange it really as I really like it.
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

OK,done above test,and also spoken to company where machine was purchased from.
They are saying the most probable fault is a tired reel motor,so it's going to need an engineer visit,hopefully be sorted within 1st visit.

When I bought this machine it was complete with all locks fitted,c/w keys.
However,the top door lock was really stiff,and unfortunately my mate 'forced' it and now lock is out of alignment,so will not lock with key,but the sliding bar still pushes right across and locks that way,just not securely key locked,but yet when I try to power up,alarm goes off stating door open,I've tried dis-connecting wires to door switch/taping down switch also,but message 'Door Open' still comes up ??
Is there a way to by-pass this problem,until I can source a new lock to fit??
Surely it should be playable if lock isn't key-locked??

Thanks guys :)
JG

Post by JG »

You can align the locking mechanism if you study where it's screwed in to and release those screws and adjust. I think transit or long periods of storage can slightly warp the cabinet. When I got my HOF the top door would close but bar wouldn't push across. I adjusted the bloopa and it was a snug fit. Now it has been in the warm the top door has play in it when locked so I should re adjust it again.
JG
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

JG wrote:You can align the locking mechanism if you study where it's screwed in to and release those screws and adjust. I think transit or long periods of storage can slightly warp the cabinet. When I got my HOF the top door would close but bar wouldn't push across. I adjusted the bloopa and it was a snug fit. Now it has been in the warm the top door has play in it when locked so I should re adjust it again.
Not too sure if wer'e on the same page here to be honest ??
The slide bar WILL push all the way across,as though it is all locked up,it's just that barrel lock will not turn as it's been forced and key will not enter lock now,surely this would not affect it though,once wires had been removed from door switch???but 'Door Open' always there on power up along with alarm.
I thought once all wires were dis-connected from white door switch it should just power up as normal,evidently not??
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

stekebabman wrote:Not too sure if wer'e on the same page here to be honest ??
The slide bar WILL push all the way across,as though it is all locked up,it's just that barrel lock will not turn as it's been forced and key will not enter lock now,surely this would not affect it though,once wires had been removed from door switch???but 'Door Open' always there on power up along with alarm.
I thought once all wires were dis-connected from white door switch it should just power up as normal,evidently not??
Anybody going to be able to solve this 1??
I know there must be a way round this problem :( :( ,but for life of me I cannot figure this out.
And as it was locking/unlocking OK when delivered the company are not prepared to travel out to repair a fault which was self inflicted,(which I reckon is fair enough really)
PLEASE,if anyone has any advice/info that may get this playable again I'd really appreciate your share of it.
Really p*****g me off,just sitting looking at me everytime I go get a beer from kitchen,(I'm sure I can hear it snigger now and again),not to mention ££'s I'm spending elsewhere to feed my 'habit' LOL.

Not too sure how to post screens of problem if needed,but will answer any questions best I can do on this quickly,as I REALLY want it up/running again,otherwise I'm going to empty hopper and spend it frivilously on mundane crap.

Thanks once again in advance,here's hoping this time :) :)
stekebabman

Post by stekebabman »

stekebabman wrote:Anybody going to be able to solve this 1??
I know there must be a way round this problem :( :( ,but for life of me I cannot figure this out.
And as it was locking/unlocking OK when delivered the company are not prepared to travel out to repair a fault which was self inflicted,(which I reckon is fair enough really)
PLEASE,if anyone has any advice/info that may get this playable again I'd really appreciate your share of it.
Really p*****g me off,just sitting looking at me everytime I go get a beer from kitchen,(I'm sure I can hear it snigger now and again),not to mention ££'s I'm spending elsewhere to feed my 'habit' LOL.

Not too sure how to post screens of problem if needed,but will answer any questions best I can do on this quickly,as I REALLY want it up/running again,otherwise I'm going to empty hopper and spend it frivilously on mundane crap.

Thanks once again in advance,here's hoping this time :) :)
Machine now full working order again,it WAS the nut on actual barrel lock,it had somehow worked itself a bit loose,and bar wasn't making contact with switch when locked.
Also,barrel what I was having trouble with,the engineer who called out,just filed the 'pip' of the key,inserted in dodgy lock,wiggled it,BAM!,all done.
Though these locks were supposed to be 'highly sensitive'!! LOL

At last though now,when kids and girlfriend get too much,I always have my little 'idaho'

Thanks for help/info given here