DOND - The Red Mist

Discuss Bell Fruit Machines Here..
Nixxy

DOND - The Red Mist

Post by Nixxy »

Anyone starting to see these appear en mass?

It seems to be a Perfect Deal semi-clone on a tighter profile, with a feature board that looks more like the Poker Face board, but when you look at all the squares and what's on 'em you soon realise they're in a similar order to PD just with a different layout.

Cashpots on all stakes but the machine DOESN'T display them in attract mode, nor when you stick any money in - you actually have to spend a credit for it to display the CP value. Obviously an attempt to put a stop to the 'peering through the pub window to see if it's worth stopping by' issue. So basically if you wanna know what all the pots are on, it's gonna cost you.

Usual boxes on the reels; does red boxes too; but with the addition of a Message From the Banker button, which gives messages during reel play (usually feature entry or small win) and also does 'Super Message from the Banker' which gives an instant DOND game, going straight to the DOND game without any feature.

Cash and Feature trails same as usual stuff, just with different names - Mega Shot zone doesn't have 'Spin' inside it but instead has lots of things like '3 Feature Strikes'/'8 Cash Strikes' etc aswell as Streak / SS / MS. CoB seemed much tighter and felt like it lands on Bust a lot more than PD ever would, best I could muster was a phones game from it. The bonus is awarded via the alpha - no multi-level bonus on this.

Board is square with arrows going into higher levels, 2nd level annoyingly still has a Mystery in it, 3rd level adds cash amounts into a pot and has one arrow going into a 4th level - The Red Mist (christ knows what that does, tis probably just MS in disguise).

Oh, and the Jackpot can repeat. I nearly had a coronary when it stopped on Yes - and I would really like someone else to say they've also had it so I don't look like I've just made this last paragraph up, but it really did repeat (and I have witnesses!).
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Seen this in a Spoons!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Yep we will be seing alot of these around soon.... It makes me laugh, how they've made it that you have to use a credit to See the CP.. Like 3quid is gonna be a massive hole in our sky rockets!

Saying that... I sometimes skank aliens for £37 instead of 40....... :lol:
bowie

Post by bowie »

As far as I could see getting the cashpot set it back. The layouts big deal.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Been one here for a while, not sure if the game offers it halfway through? Had it given in box and still good after. But all in all its pretty poor.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Mattb wrote:Been one here for a while, not sure if the game offers it halfway through? Had it given in box and still good after. But all in all its pretty poor.
I sat and watched a punter playing it tonight - it was shockingly poor, he punted the best part of £300 through it and there was no consistency to the boxes at all; CP was indeed offered by the banker mid-game and it most definitely wasn't free as the phones game didn't return for at least £60.

CoBs were BUST about 80% of the time - and when they weren't, they gave 50/50 or £1 win.

The more I watched the more I regretted calling it a semi-clone of PD, as it has such a watertight profile.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Would it be poss to try and get a pic?
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Just played one of these. CP was on £70, £50 involved and I get a deal and CP flicks up. Repeats twice, but got 2 boards after and it seemed to of affected the game. Nice raise though. :-)
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

So,a cashpot repeat affected the game? Surprised?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I've had a mega repeat and it's not affected it...
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I think a rep dose set it back as is not part of the cash pot win. Same as the feature in the perfect, 1 part is free the other is not.

It's cash pot and only cash pot that is free.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Now... Where oh where is Silent G? Ho hum.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Burning
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

cluey
i got more routes than loreal
AMK

Post by AMK »

How the hell did Dot get £25 on that party time arena in Southend?