Machine Hopper Fault, Where Do I Stand

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
FruitPlayer

Machine Hopper Fault, Where Do I Stand

Post by FruitPlayer »

I played a machine yesterday in an amusement arcade, went to collect my Bank of £11, no coins came out. Told the attendant who explained the manager wasn't there and couldn't do anything but was very sorry himself, my question is where do I stand? He said next time I go there and if the manager found a "Jam" he would put my money aside, as you all know, this wasn't the case of a Jam, I went to collect and you couldn't even hear the hopper turning over (It was not on demo mode haha) Just obviously a fault with the hopper, so as I have no proof, I guess and I know next time I go he will probably just say "sorry there's nothing I can do" and I know he will point out the sticker on the machine that says "All wins over £3 must be verified"

What would you do personally? The attendant would definitely of gave me the money if he could, I don't think the manager will tho and yes, £9 to a regular good customer is nothing considering all the money they make! I won't be going back there for a while but the attendant will know me when I do eventually get back there and I just know he is likely to just apologise again explaining there's nothing that can be done??

Annoying and a dilemma. Either forget and tell myself it comes down to "all wins over £3 must be verified" but the fact they could just give me £9 with all the money they make is just annoying.
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Get the to always witness banks

Have had numerous arguments in numerous arcades about this, just always get them to verify your bank before collecting
FruitPlayer

Post by FruitPlayer »

sebastian wrote:Get the to always witness banks

Have had numerous arguments in numerous arcades about this, just always get them to verify your bank before collecting
Yeah I agree mate, my own fault to be honest, it is just a right pain having to call an attendant over every 5 minutes for anything over £3, especially when I just can't be bothered to stand there and wait for one, but that's my own problem and fault. Do you think the manager will be an asshole about it next time I go to this arcade and just say "sorry" and be very ignorant and blunt etc, makes me angry but I also don't want to get barred from that arcade although it will be hard to refrain from getting violent
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

What machine was it?
FruitPlayer

Post by FruitPlayer »

doingthem wrote:What machine was it?
A Horizon Cabinet, AWP
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I had a fiver disappear in a Monopoly Wheel Of Wealth £5jp. The coins got lost somewhere between the coin mech and the payout tray. Luckily it only cost £12 to get a decent £50 run and I already did another one earlier, so I never bothered claiming the lost fiver. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you probably won't get the money back even though it's unjust.
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Felix?
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Yes. The left hand wealth was stealing coins and not registering the credits.
FruitPlayer

Post by FruitPlayer »

It's like, why on earth do these Amusement owners never bother to maintain their machines?! Another thing and I bet you all know is how machines need cleaning up inside, have you ever for example collected £5 and only had £3 come out? The machine needs cleaning inside, it just amazes me how these amusement owners do not care about maintenance of their machines and especially customer service. Now I guarantee every member of this site, if they ran an amusement arcade they would definitely ensure all their machines are 100% working properly, for example, all machines take all coins, all machines pay out correctly. And the biggest of all, just cracking a smile to punters playing their machines, is it just me or do you guys agree that the majority of amusement owners seem to be so miserable and just not give a single damn about their customers?! As with everyone else here, if we all owned our own amusement arcades I am positive we would treat our customers as best as we can and give them as much respect as we can, I mean how can amusement owners be miserable watching the machines (the customers) earn them a living?! something that has always bugged me.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Oh the owners do smile at and give a damn about their customers who line their pockets. It's just us "undesirables" that they try their hardest to be miserable towards. The worst thing about the machines is the bulbs that aren't working. Try hitting Bank Raid on that Italian Job 3 on Felixstowe Pier!
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Norwich gaming centre is the worst arcade for machine maintenance
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

The shuffle button on Ready To Rock was broken for ages. Machines like Battle Axe and Cannonball Run often going IOU because Flash only floats them with a fiver!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i did work in amusememt arcades and kept the machines spotless, even to the point of replacing dirty or damaged reel bands.

Biggest issue with arcarde machines is the build quality of machines, the plubing is badly thought out and made of shit flimsy plastic, Hopppers azcoyn in particular) are garbage that will jam if the coin its trying to payout has the slightest nick on it.
then there is all the after market security add-ons designed to keep toolers out, might stop the toolers but can cause all matter of coin problems.

thrn theres the life expenctancy of the machine, arcadr owners think electrocoin machines should last for ever. many of these machines in current arcades would be old enough to buy a pint.. lol

to get your £11 back, just claim a random machine didn't payout £3 and they will pay it as its a smallamopunt. do it 4 times and you got your money back.. ;)