Can any one beat this?

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
spa

Post by spa »

Think £200.
JG

Post by JG »

I Won't get involved in one of these unless the bronze is at least £200.
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

Then you'll never get involved!!!
ob

Post by ob »

Lol I think that's the idea!

Once I was in a brainout mood played 2 off them at once on pretty poor pots 280 170 60 style just near when they were reset tbh in the space off 5ish minutes I was 1400 into them without a single pot.... brutal. Think I ended up 700 down between em.

Went round all the corals in the s.london area playing them for a time near when they first came out, I can't imagine anyone else was as you hardly saw them "done" as such as you do now with 100 silvers and then not getting played after. It waa a crazy couple of weeks was certainly up but a 1500 loss was closely followed by another 1500 loss which was a sour end.

You'd have to have balls to do it though one minute you've made 400 on one 10 minutes later you've done 700 in the next for a silver and you're down again!!!! Other sick scenarios is say get 5 pots 500 then stay on it and end up LOSING as it costs 700 odd for silver, a similar thing can happen playing on from a gold, it was almost a sick feeling getting gold knowing you had to play on and get silver 200odd and potentially lose that nice raise.

One of the best ones I had a player gave me as he gave up on it. Was on 95/250/500 gave gold off the first 20 then silver off another 60!

I'm saying at least 90% off players couldn't take the swings and would have either given up or brained out chasing losses on roulette. These days you couldn't just go round doing it anyway there's bugger all on high enough pots.
tommya

Post by tommya »

ob wrote:Lol I think that's the idea!

Once I was in a brainout mood played 2 off them at once on pretty poor pots 280 170 60 style just near when they were reset tbh in the space off 5ish minutes I was 1400 into them without a single pot.... brutal. Think I ended up 700 down between em.

Went round all the corals in the s.london area playing them for a time near when they first came out, I can't imagine anyone else was as you hardly saw them "done" as such as you do now with 100 silvers and then not getting played after. It waa a crazy couple of weeks was certainly up but a 1500 loss was closely followed by another 1500 loss which was a sour end.

You'd have to have balls to do it though one minute you've made 400 on one 10 minutes later you've done 700 in the next for a silver and you're down again!!!! Other sick scenarios is say get 5 pots 500 then stay on it and end up LOSING as it costs 700 odd for silver, a similar thing can happen playing on from a gold, it was almost a sick feeling getting gold knowing you had to play on and get silver 200odd and potentially lose that nice raise.

One of the best ones I had a player gave me as he gave up on it. Was on 95/250/500 gave gold off the first 20 then silver off another 60!

I'm saying at least 90% off players couldn't take the swings and would have either given up or brained out chasing losses on roulette. These days you couldn't just go round doing it anyway there's bugger all on high enough pots.
Cant believe you would stay on it if you got a cheap jp or gold stuff that
JG

Post by JG »

OB is fearless. A gold pot is something that happens in between having breakfast and taking a mid morning poo. OB sessions for the gold repeater!
JG
ob

Post by ob »

tommya wrote:Cant believe you would stay on it if you got a cheap jp or gold stuff that
Why wouldn't you though. If you are basing playing it on being a positive expected value on a random game, a jackpot/gold pot does not change that positive expectation for playing on.

I'll explain in more laymans terms: The pots after you get the 5 pots £500 would be better than when you got on it think of it that way, and you were playing it originally with the idea that it was worth it. Being it's random the fact you get £500 makes no difference to how the machine plays. Therefore there is more call for playing it after the £500 than before it. Bear in mind at the time I was going round playing these as a pure money making thing and I certainly did make £1000+ on a few days.

You have to have a MASSIVE bankroll and tolerance for losses to go round playing those, believe me!!!! I didn't subject anyone else to days on them, it was just me solo. I certainly didn't tell anyone about them at the time, although these days they are always on such shitty pots I'm quite happy to openly discuss it.

Arcade versions on a lower percentage ie. 90-92% are poorer value on high pots, you're giving away more in EV, and besides which JG could well be right and higher pots could just mean harder to get, I certainly wouldn't rule that out.
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

I put 2.60 in a pink pussy for a board......now that's savage
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Still doing them though
tommya

Post by tommya »

ob wrote:Why wouldn't you though. If you are basing playing it on being a positive expected value on a random game, a jackpot/gold pot does not change that positive expectation for playing on.

I'll explain in more laymans terms: The pots after you get the 5 pots £500 would be better than when you got on it think of it that way, and you were playing it originally with the idea that it was worth it. Being it's random the fact you get £500 makes no difference to how the machine plays. Therefore there is more call for playing it after the £500 than before it. Bear in mind at the time I was going round playing these as a pure money making thing and I certainly did make £1000+ on a few days.

You have to have a MASSIVE bankroll and tolerance for losses to go round playing those, believe me!!!! I didn't subject anyone else to days on them, it was just me solo. I certainly didn't tell anyone about them at the time, although these days they are always on such shitty pots I'm quite happy to openly discuss it.

Arcade versions on a lower percentage ie. 90-92% are poorer value on high pots, you're giving away more in EV, and besides which JG could well be right and higher pots could just mean harder to get, I certainly wouldn't rule that out.
Yeah i see what your saying.
spa

Post by spa »

Looked at a unit that gave 5 pots. The silver had grown enough to give it a row. Well, we grew it another £100 before it gave a £500 gold. Silver did give too about £100 back for £900 down.
spa

Post by spa »

Saying that, 9 bronze then the gold then silver so unlucky?
martdaman

Post by martdaman »

After reading this thread went out checked a couple of bookies round my way one unit was on 28 200 500 took 200 to give four pots for gold. Then another shop 38 230 400 took 100 for set of 3 for silver think I got lucky!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Nice raise. Next one -1500. Lol.
martdaman

Post by martdaman »

Yeah you know mate haha!