Losing money Through closing times, or even worse machines braking mid cycle

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
craig

Losing money Through closing times, or even worse machines braking mid cycle

Post by craig »

There's nothing worse than losing money when out playing because a machine breaks when your in the midle of playing it especially when there was profit to be made and its not always practical to come back to that place the next day.

Had a DOND its your show the other day flying but then the strim alarm went off because the reels went out of line. Yes the staff asisted me with flicking the switch and managed to see my bank so I got that refunded :) however the alarm then changed to a coin mech jam so the machine was turned off awaitng engineer Luckily i wasnt too involved still annoying though.

Another "favourite" is arcades who wait for you to get involved with a machine and then give you the were closing in 2 minutes LOL should have known better than to come into this arcade any ways

how many times have you had something like this happen??
craig

Post by craig »

just remembered playing a machine in yeates some years ago that all the lights were out on the board and i mean all the lights the whole board had no lights but counting the numbers spun and playing very wisely i only managed to be about a £10er down that was a experience could not hit any skill continues or last numbers lit or see any flashes should have filmed this one but there wouldnt have been much to see :)
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Try a £35 set when it happens! Pain when that coin logs on payout!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
tommya

Post by tommya »

This happened to me yesterday 80 quid in and the dond button decided to break
craig

Post by craig »

what DOND? dont worry im not gonna ask where :)
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I had the third hold button go nuts on a DOND. It kept going lower at intervals when I really didn't want it to!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

A Red "Nitro" some years ago in a bookies. Strim alarm goes off and the only person working is a female who looks about 12 years old and hasn't a clue about fruit machines. A fair few quid in.
Roulette free since December 2011.
ridye

Post by ridye »

The most annoying is Spoons or similar who have the upstairs bars with machines that close before the actual closing time of the pub!

I got caught out by it the other week, £55 odd in a Cops And Robbers DOND, kept sneaking in a few more coins and finally got Deal Or No Deal which I had to take and luckily in span £70 box.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Playing a Dream Factory that resets when Mega is shot. Try and prise a few quid from it, next board first spin Phone, Belt reel jams up. Frumpy old cow from Smith's does nothing about it. A handful or so in.

Payout jams up on £10 on an old Pinball Wizard. Go to the desk, they reset and 3 quid comes out. They make me feel like a cheat.

A Campers with the whole bottom glass lights out. Try getting a board on that...! Didn't forgive me for missing selectors etc!
BFK

Post by BFK »

£160 into a DOND clone. Left it phoning and with a bust in. Lost track of time put £150 odd in coins and then realised the changer wasn't working!! No time to dart to another pub quickly either. Was travelling, so just had to bin it off!!
skinner

Post by skinner »

One of the old jpm's was a bastard for going error and wiping the bank,hi impact or something like that.
Turn off and back on,nothing,got stung a couple of times with 50 odd banks,nothing you can do.
silent g

Post by silent g »

theres a machine i play that every time you get the bank over £100 it dumps to £60 so it you get it to £160 and theres only £30 in it, it'll auto dump the £30 then go iou at £130 then the display stays as "call manager" and when plugged it says IOU £60 coz thats what it was dumping to :/

a mate was forcing a £500pot keybet (i wasnt there) shop closed he was the last out the door and it was £180 spins since last keybet and cold number.
next day he was waiting at the door for it to open, when open he went to the terminal and it was 0 spins since last keybet, jeybet drawn 4 times on the grid and no longer a cold number pot still at £500.

someone who works there tried their luck, did they get it a leave a £500 reserve?????
it cost him another few hundred to get out, he lost obv.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
tommya

Post by tommya »

I remember going in for a crazy cashpoint. It was full and reding but i ran out of cash so asked the guy behind the bar if they would switch it off till i got back they said yeah. So rushed to get some cash got back to the pub still swiched of so got them to turn it on, started playing it hang on its not full key it up 70 short fuckers.