Colour Blind

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Northern Monkey

Colour Blind

Post by Northern Monkey »

Monopoly Gold- receive message that my property will be dark blue......unless it seems if it eliminates Park Lane first round in which case your property is the non-dark blue looking Oxford Street (£12).
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

smells like fish to me NM.

i'm very interested in colourblindness though; how many times have i bored this board by saying that the green traffic light is actually blue?
lots?

also, a mate of mine grew tomatoes and had to ask his wife if they were ripe yet. and peter ebdon can't tell the brown ball from the reds. and joe swail is profoundly deaf. and his nickname (the outlaw) is very sophisticated. and john wayne has a girl's name. and billie piper's middle name is 'paul'.
nobody ever wins on those things.
jetsetwilly

Post by jetsetwilly »

Istenem wrote:and billie piper's middle name is 'paul'.
I have it on good authority it's Willy.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I'm very interested in colourblindness though

Did you know If a woman is red-green colourblind, all her SONS will also be.
Roulette free since December 2011.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

I'm colour blind. Fucked me up as I wanted to become a copper - traffic division when I was a lot younger, but can you imagine - chase commentary - "currently pursuing suspect in a grey/white/blue....now peachy coloured transit. Actually, I only have problems with dark green/dark red and brown and blue/purple.
When the subject comes up, a lot of people ask me to describe what I actually see....I was told this analogy by a Doctor years ago - "Imagine having two books side by side, open at the same page, one is in English, the other in Spanish, the English one makes perfect sense, and even though the Spanish one uses the same symbols, it can't be made sense of." I don't hold with this analogy any more, as those 'spot the number in the circles' colour blind tests would always show a colour blind person a number otherwise, the fact that you can't see a number in some examples shows your brain is not 'seeing' a colour when it is mixed against certain other colours.
You can 'learn' certain colours after repeated exposure - I learned the green snooker ball from an early age and never have a problem with green and brown on the table, but the same colours in real life out of context of the snooker table still cause me problems.
I can't think of any time it's been an issue/weak point involved with fruit playing though, that's all good. Never had any problems with Gridrunner lol.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
Legend_Returns

Post by Legend_Returns »

edit
Legend_Returns

Post by Legend_Returns »

edit