Casual Play In General

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
blackmogu

Casual Play In General

Post by blackmogu »

I happened to be about Hammersmith today, and had a few spare hours, so decided to have a few beers and scratch the punting itch. I haven't played pub fruits for a while, so i thought i'd have a few goes in a few bars, just to see what was going on.

Could I get a board on anything for less than a tenner ? Nope. Nothing offered more than £4 on any of the 6 machines that I played.

You can see why machines are rarely touched by casuals throughout the day and even on busy weekends now. Back in the day I recall you had to "jump" on a machine as soon as someone left it, or in a few minutes someone else would be on it for a casual play. (This is going back to £15/£25JP days).

Good luck to all you full timers out there, it must be an awfully long day to make a wage compared to what it used to be like.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

its fun to sit in a spoons and wait for people to play them.

you can tell which machines are "playables" because at least once an hour someone will come and look at them, then leave
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

meh... I've got a month left in this country before I retire to my island paradise. May as well remind myself for the last time what i'm not missing.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Are you Linesman,
Are you Linesman,
Are you Linesman in Disguise...

Are you Linesman in Disguise?
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

blackmogu wrote:meh... I've got a month left in this country before I retire to my island paradise. May as well remind myself for the last time what i'm not missing.
Where are you planning to retire to Blackmogu? I have been looking into relocating in another country for several years now, would be interested to know where you chose as I've researched and visited many places.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Machines do get played. Just not for very long! As I hinted at before, the profiles aren't very good on a lot of these fruits. And given the amount of time they do go unplaced, they could do with offering a little more gameplay. There are loads of things you could do. How about value based machines with wins achievable up to say £40, via a mixture of skill and luck, and the jackpot rewarded just totally at random as a bonus? I think Global games had good profiles, and many of their games would work on a higher jackpot value.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I'm going to Jeju Island. Not to retire really, but my largest client is Singapore based so it'll make my life easier. And it's one hell of a beautiful place. On an island in the middle of the ocean I can get a 100MB FTTH link for the same price as a shitty 2Mb max adsl link here too. Madness !
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Are you Linesman,
Are you Linesman,
Are you Linesman in Disguise...

Are you Linesman in Disguise?
Certainly not. I'm far more eloquent than he will ever be. Harrumpf.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Ha ha!

Enjoy yourself over there, sounds really nice. Certainly nicer than this country...
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Jeju Island sounds great, very relaxing with a more moderate tropical climate. Not somewhere I'd be especially interested in though, I think Koreans probably have the worst looking women and worst tasting food of anywhere in the far east from my own experience. Sort of comparable to the UK in Europe. No offence to any Koreans, I just like some other countries around there more. Have a good time Blackmogu.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

The Dark Horse wrote:Jeju Island sounds great, very relaxing with a more moderate tropical climate. Not somewhere I'd be especially interested in though, I think Koreans probably have the worst looking women and worst tasting food of anywhere in the far east from my own experience. Sort of comparable to the UK in Europe. No offence to any Koreans, I just like some other countries around there more. Have a good time Blackmogu.
haha ! No offence taken. My wife is South Korean, hence the choice of where to go is obvious for me anyway. Personal taste on the woman front - i've had an Asian fetish since forever, and have had girlfriends from Japan, Korea and China. Having been to all three countries, without a doubt (IMO) Koreans have the most beautiful woman of the three, and have a culture of looking after themselves beauty-wise more so than China or Japan (too over-the-top sometimes - the amount I have to spend in Kiehls is ridiculous).

The only downside is that Korean women can be very strong personality wise and quite cold at times, and it's a marriage of three people - you, your wife and her mother (family hierarchy and elder respect is hugely influential in Asian cultures).

Food wise many people would disagree with you, but it is true that most of their national dishes take some getting used to if you have westernised taste buds. If you have only experienced Korean food in a restaurant over here (i've been to pretty much every one in London), you haven't experienced it at all. It's a million miles removed from the real thing. Best recommendations are Kaya in Mayfair and Asadal in Holborn.

--blackmogu.
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I guess my experience of Korean women and food is very limited compared to other Eastern countries, so it's not really fair to compare. The importance of family and respect for elders is a very strong theme in Asian culture, but the main difference in culture I've noticed which can make relationships with Asian women difficult is their inability to lose face. They can never admit when they are wrong, and any cheeky cockiness that Western women respond to is completely inappropriate and offensive to them.

In general I prefer SE Asian women for their darker skin tone, I also prefer the Indian influence towards their food, all my favourite meals globally consist of garlic/chilli/coriander. I would say Korean food is probably most similair to Japanese (which I don't especially rate), and although I don't have westernised tastebuds at all I admit I do find some of their meals a bit obscure.

I have however never actually been to Korea though, and I will try and further my limited experience thanks to your advice and recommendations.