done up like a kipper 2 ffs

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
trayhop123

done up like a kipper 2 ffs

Post by trayhop123 »

yesterday in london , we're driving around as normal ,,,,,,,,,,,, we've covered our 45fuel , had breakfast , and are 26 up
,,,,,,,,,, when ''twang'' ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the gearbox feels like it falls off the car ,,,,,,,,,, nothing there whatsoever ,,,,,,,,,, fuck.

so a call out to the rac (he only takes an hour and a half to arrive , which to be fair is good for the rac) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he said a cable has snapped in the gearbox ,,,,,,,,

(now i know nothing about cars , i didn't think gearbox's had cables , ,,,,, the clutch yes ,,,, but the gearbox ???? ) but hey what do i know .

he says its nothing serious ,,,,,,,,, a £40 part tops , and 30-40 min job

so he tows us to their contracted (no doubt) garage ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 9 miles away in wimbledon , vauxall master fit . ,,,,,,,,, this takes over an hour in london traffic grrrrrr

told the cable comes as a twin pack (a left and right) again who am i to argue ,,,,,,,,, and that they may as well replace both ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, £69.99 ,,,,,,,,, with ,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, aprox £228 to fit ,,,,,,,, depending on time etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WTF ? ,,,,,,,,,,, my kipper has truly been done up

what can i do ? ,,,,,,,,,, i know im being shafted , i know my regular garage in leicester would have got the cables for half the price ,,,,,,,, and probably charged me 40 to 60 to fit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but im not in leicester ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thoughts are rushing through my head about hotels and trains etc ,,,,,,,,, fuuuuuucccckkkkk

takes em roughly an hour n half to do (whilst we have very expensive but top burgers etc in a cafe opposite the dog track)

the bill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, £310 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 70 parts , 190 labour and 50 vat ,,,,,,,,,, you robbing bastards.

so martin (being the true friend that he is ) told me to keep everything that we could make for the remainder of the day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im only a tenner up at this point ,,,,,,,,,,,, so really 300 down ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the evening is looming . ( im very grateful to martin , how many of you would sacrifice their cut ? having got up at 6am for a day of no money ???)

things luckily went ok

anyhow , a box of chicken each last thing at night ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and were heading home , with me 120 down on the day ,,,,,,,,,,, fair enough ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but

S*H*A*F*T*E*D ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fuckers :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Well you will keep buying these cheap little run arounds won't you :wink:

Unlucky there Lee, nice of Martin to help you out with the bill though.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
richy657

Post by richy657 »

bad luck with the car, but sounds like you have a good mate, and im sure you will return the favour in the future somehow.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

fair point gambo ,

like i said ,,,,,,,,,, for full time players , the banger vs new car dilemma rages on.

and we've all had or heard stories of things going wrong on new cars too.

Scott

Post by Scott »

You have some shit luck with motors mate, Martin=Top Bloke too :D
Cobwebs 👆
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

and richy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yeah we're all good m8's in leicester ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

last year whem martin got his house robbed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, scott , gary , ady , and myself chipped in and bought him a new ps3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even my mrs bought him a second hand ps2 with games aswell for his kids

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

good mate that, buy a good car for about 8 - 15k and get the warranty so if anything goes wrong they fix it!
Cheap cars cost you more in the long run its a fact
justice For The 96
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Iv been driving 2 year and had 5 cars iv spent no were near 8k even including tax mot insurance not even 5k.. Some garages are sly and say some stuff don't include in the guarantee, obv you find this out when you take it back to get fixed.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

i only buy from approved sales... e.g ford and VW etc pay a bit more but get what you pay for, had me clutch go on me fiesta st and they fix it for free!!! saved 600 there!! then just part ex it for the car i got now
justice For The 96
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Fair play I cudnt get insured on anything decent best car av had was a corsa sport 1.4 insurance was 1800. My next car will prob be from a garage see how long my little clio lasts and what my insurance goes down to. Its just all ££ wen it comes to cars like!
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

im paying 2800 on a focus st.... i have a tt99 and 4 points so basically 16 points on me licence! im 23
justice For The 96
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

trayhop123 wrote:and richy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yeah we're all good m8's in leicester ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

last year whem martin got his house robbed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, scott , gary , ady , and myself chipped in and bought him a new ps3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even my mrs bought him a second hand ps2 with games aswell for his kids

Its the same down here lee! Logopolis had breakfast at keshs this afternoon, Tiny went on a run with dean and me and turk had a good night playing pool! :-)
I am Glendale, much better than you!
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

I like your number 5). Thats the ticket Mr. JG. You just keep enjoying those sorts of meals!
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Tray m8 was it you that posted that eBay advert flogging te focus? Funny as but can't find it again. Help wanna show someone
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

that labour rate is unreal! I wouldn't have paid it. on the plus side the old guy who sold it wouldn't have know they were on the way out. I got told a while back to avoid cars that are old with low millage as they won't have been run enough, which can lead to problems, like dry bushes etc, really don't know if thats true mind you.

Just get a nice motor, you'll never look back!