done up like a kipper 2 ffs

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

feeder22 wrote:Tray m8 was it you that posted that eBay advert flogging te focus? Funny as but can't find it again. Help wanna show someone

its in the original ''done up like a kipper thread''

but bear in mind , its probably gone/sold/removed now
Little discipline = BIG issue

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

its true what they say!!! you get what you pay for
justice For The 96
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Thanks, couldn't remember what thread it was in, had a good chuckle reading that
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

anfield road wrote:its true what they say!!! you get what you pay for

your so right dean ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, perhaps i do need a slapped wrist ,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i couldn't have predicted a simple cable failure ,,,,,,,,,,,,

my dads brand new focus went back within 3months (some problem with the steering collum) ,,,,,,,,,,,, they didn't quibble though or even try to fix it ,,,,,,,,, just delivered him another one.

actually i do expect (on second hand cars ) to have semi regular cheap fix problems .

and thats all it was . in leicester it would have been sorted for around £80 all in , and wouldn't have been an issue ,

the drama came from being took for a cunt , because of my location/circumstances .

they knew they had me by the balls lol.

at the end of the day though ,,,,,,,,, its my fault ,,,,,,,,, and my real mistake wasn't buying the car ( i love it , nippy and cheap to run) ,,,,,,,,,,,, my real mistake was only having the standard £39.99 , (if they can't fix it at the road side , they tow you to their designated garage within 10miles) cover ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for an extra few quid i could have had tow home from anywhere cover. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get what you pay for indeed. :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Lee I go this could thing from halifax bank. Its 15 quid a month but if there is 1000 pound going in a month they give u a 5a. So its only 10 pound.

I got phone insurance can claim twice a year

Breakdown cover

Family travel insurance if you are married or have kids

House hold insurance for gas and electrics and stuff.

Free over draft

I also have driving license down so if I lose it I get a new 1

I have passport down if I ever lose it on holiday I'm covered for emergency charges to get home.

Its not for everyone but the main reason I decided it was good is that mobile phone and breakdown.

There is probably more what iv missed out. Its not for every one but its good for some.
tommya

Post by tommya »

titchno1 wrote:Lee I go this could thing from halifax bank. Its 15 quid a month but if there is 1000 pound going in a month they give u a 5a. So its only 10 pound.

I got phone insurance can claim twice a year

Breakdown cover

Family travel insurance if you are married or have kids

House hold insurance for gas and electrics and stuff.

Free over draft

I also have driving license down so if I lose it I get a new 1

I have passport down if I ever lose it on holiday I'm covered for emergency charges to get home.

Its not for everyone but the main reason I decided it was good is that mobile phone and breakdown.

There is probably more what iv missed out. Its not for every one but its good for some.
i have similar with barclays bank
asfish

Post by asfish »

You can get extra cover with the AA and RAC now that will pay for £500 worth of parts. They offered me this when I boosted the cover I get via my back account for a driving trip around France.

Might be worth it if you are using older cars
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Cheers for the heads up guys earlier in the thread :)
lee wheres ffs3? :wink:
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
dude_se

Post by dude_se »

http://breakdown.insurancechoice.co.uk

£29-£39 (depending on car age) for the "bronze" package, which tows you anywhere you want. theres obviously more expensive packages, but bronze is fine for most people.

ive used them before and broke down at a servos. called them up, and less than an hour later they were with me, and this was in the day, so wasnt exactly quiet out. they texted me when they were on their way, and the driver was sound.

highly recommend them for the price.

not like the shitty aa and co that charge double that atleast...