2k in fobt

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

bookies do not sell a product, they require no stock, no ordering, no prior arangement, no unplanned busy periods, it is a low staff buisness too

the main sporting events will probably turnover enough money to pay their entire years rates & bills

weekly takings probably quite easily cover the staffs wages

id have thought after that, all they need is maintenence of the building and equipment..

in recession when money is tight, a lot of people turn to gambling to make a quick buck, we of all people know how this turns out??

ive read this thread on here and cant believe you've even thought to type the sentance, of course bookies are making profits??

my boss owns property, one shop he owns is rented on a long term lease to ladbrookes, they pay their rent quarterly and once a year they write to my boss and tell him they are waiting for a rental increase statement before the next quarters rent is issued.. they actually preetty much ask him to put the rent up??

we can argue back and forth tiny details and insignificant points,

the internet apparently has taken a percentage away from high street shops, hmv and waterstones are merging soon, tescos and the big supermarkets sell everything and are systematicly killing off high street shops in small towns.. tesco even sell credit and banking, and are having their own record label??

internet gambling is picked at and not trusted, and if you win you dont get cash, its a few days wait.. no good for a quick buck.

a lot of towns these days have many '£1 shops', estate agents, antique shops and bookies, a few other bits and bobs survive when a supermarket chain open, but the common survivers are the bookies, and the other shops selling what supermarkets dont.

time delay locks, daily banking and what staff are on site restrict them being able to pay wins, they can and will do a fast-chaps/bacs payment into your account, and you can acess the money about an hour later through your cashcard,

they are a high profit, no stock selling company, as long as they shave the prices along the way they are in an ideal market during ressession, ive not seen any bookies closed down for a long long time, whereas shops around them open and close every few months..

there is no way they arent profiting, go in on the 1st day of next month, enough money will be bet on that day to cover their rent, bills and staff till after xmas.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I've only found ladbrokes are often shy on paying out even 3 figure sums. My local corals always seem to be able to pay u out. If they're short they will go to the fobts but normally they do these at close of business each night.

Had a few low 3 figure accums come in with ladbrokes that I've been asked to come back for which is a joke really.

Betch is right about what he's saying about trying to bet £50-£100 each way on certain 'dead certs' coral high st shops often have £50 limits on certain horses and footy bets. I tried to bet on both teams scoring in the lower Scottish leagues and they wouldn't let me. I'm talking £10 accums here!! Scandalous.

But despite the Internet boom, there are still more bookies opening than closing.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

With betfair down the pan in 3-5 years time, the bookmaking industry is looking rosy, as long as people have a disposable income, or an addiction, there'll always be a market, the only argument is just whether or not a physical betting shop will be rendered obsolete in 10-20 years time when the older generation are more technologically inclined.
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Drpepper wrote:With betfair down the pan in 3-5 years time, the bookmaking industry is looking rosy, as long as people have a disposable income, or an addiction, there'll always be a market, the only argument is just whether or not a physical betting shop will be rendered obsolete in 10-20 years time when the older generation are more technologically inclined.
Betfair down the pan in 3-5 years???
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Talking of Betfair, there is a thread in the horse racing forum stating Ladbrokes are making an average of £866 per machine per week, which is £180k per four machine shop per annum.
Roulette free since December 2011.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

during any depression/recession ,,,,,,,, in any country/part of the world ,,,,,,, in any era/timeframe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gambling becomes a growth industry - as people try to gamble their way out the shit - end of.

,,,,,,,,,,,, it works for the very few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the masses get deeper in the brown.

new bookies are opening everyday *FACT* ,,,,,,,,,, and are making 1000's

as others have stated ,,,,,,,,,,,,, there could come a time where online betting takes over from physical shops totally , but i very much doubt it will ever happen ,,,,,,,,,,,,, you dont get instant bank note in hand gratification online.
Little discipline = BIG issue