2k in fobt

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
liverpool24

Post by liverpool24 »

My mate was 9 ton in last night, had 60 left on him, I was pleading with him to quit but he kept going, next spin 10 pound on 22, ended up winning 1500, insane gambling at its finest. Strangest thing was at no point was he worried, he said he'd win all along, I'm petrified of them and I mean that in the purest sense.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Nerves of steel, lol at no point was he worried, fair play.
Cobwebs 👆
liverpool24

Post by liverpool24 »

Scott wrote:Nerves of steel, lol at no point was he worried, fair play.
Seriously, he was initially 250 up aswell after putting 40 in, he'd had a few big wins though earlier in the day so had the lost the tiny concept of money he usually has.
autonudge

Post by autonudge »

I've thrown my fair share on wonga in them too. I once went in with 250 quid and lost it all bar about 10 quid on blackjack and somehow won it all back and I cashed in with a cold sweat feeling the full flow of adrenaline which strangely felt great then on the way out I had one last punt on the machine by he door and lost the lot. Countless times done.

Respect to the fruitchat community for supporting the lad and not calling him a mug. We've all done and it all know how they feel.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

whenever you walk in a bookies ,,,,,,,,,, they are as popular as ever ,,,,,,,,, with never a shortage of replacement players once someone has done there nads.

yet on a night out (last week) in a busy lloyd's ,,,,,,,,,,, i was in there with friends for 2-3 hours ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5 machines ,,,,,, they never took a pound.

the roulette terminals have boosted the bookie trade tenfold ,,,,,,,,,,, but the flipside is the fruit/pub sector is in tatters .

and with more and more of us fighting for less and less ''played by joe'' machines

surely something's gotta give soon

the suppliers/distributors ,,,,,,,,, must be at breaking point ,,,,,,,,, with several companies shut down over the last few years . people out of work etc

fruits just arnt getting played as much now

surely eventually they will get a bill passed to put roulette terminals in pubs ? ? ?

maybe not ?

whats your opinions on the way the ''industry'' is heading ?
Little discipline = BIG issue

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Dunno but don't for one minute think bookies are makin money they never got fuck all in any offices when you want a big payout. Alot of them on roulettes tend to have about £20 in bank. Bookies making fuck all IMO you try having 100ew on a horse chances are they'll turn ya down
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

with respect betch m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats bollocks

there may be loads and loads of people on the terminals playing small bets , loafing about with mates and only losing 20 quid between em in a few hours etc .

but it only takes one "big A soz m8'' to do 2k in one sesh per week ,,,,,,,,, for all wages electric bills etc to be comfortably taken care of etc.

how many branches of lads/hills/corals are there ????? dont see any of em struggling or shutting down anytime soon ????

infact i hope your post was a sarcastic joke attempt that has flew over my head and ive read it all wrong and missed the irony ???

''Bookies making fuck all IMO''
''Dunno but don't for one minute think bookies are makin money''

because for me , those lines are two of the best comedy lines ive ever read on here.

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

So how come they won't take a big well I say big 50 Ew if there makin so much? And even on the off chance you get one on and it wins try for the dough! They've never got it and end up ringing round local shops to see if any got it. Christ I've had cheques off em in the past. You're the first to admit yoh don't go in so I don't think you know the score tbh. Anybody else got views?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

because the majority of their bank notes are in the terminals , and they dont empty them till closing .

as far as ringing other shops ,,,,,,,,, thats a last resort ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they can happily pay direct into your bank account .

and finally betch m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont have to go in em ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to pass the COUNTLESS branches on my travels ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seems there's new bet freds opening everyday

like i said , just 1 punter doing their sacks a week is enough to sustain a shop ,,,,,,,,,,, and im sure they all get their fare share of em.

i wish we had a spokesperson from one of the big chains on here ,,,,,,,,,,,, to tell us what the average shop takes a week.

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

No mate they open the terminals as a FIRST resort and never much in em. Surely somebody else on here has come across this. Can't be just me cos this has happened in all bookies and not just in my town I can assure you. Granted you can do faaarsands in em and in quick time I can vouch for that I just don't see big banks like anymore
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

And I don't want em getting my name as a winner tbh I pay in cash I expect cash back
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Loading your card up for machine credit must substitude for a lot of notes and hard cash going in.
Yeah you get people with a wedge of banknotes...but the usual is the "quick 20" and when some people are caught, that's that. Cards out, the lot.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Try having 100 Ew on a horse at 33s then
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

So where is the money when you go to drag it if they got so much? Can't be arsed no more that's my last post on subject
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

betchrider wrote:So where is the money when you go to drag it if they got so much? Can't be arsed no more that's my last post on subject
Money - like most cash heavy firms is banked daily to prevent deter robberies. Wife is assistant manager in Betfred. Pretty much everything JG said is correct. If you do win big - they will always get the cash for you to collect the next day - as do all the big firms. I regularly collect £2k from my Hills poker account over the counter - and have won similar on a footie bet in Corals - again collected the same day
Her branch - regularly takes bets of £200+ ew from a local trainer. They have to be approved - for any firm a 5 figure liability is a massive risk. And when he places them he goes to the town Hills / Laddies / Coral as well. Its great when he's right..... we've always got a few quid on ourselves. As has every bookie employee in town......
Fobt figures - pretty much as JG estimated - i've said that before in other posts.

Bookies are still doing really well.... they certainly are not short of cash.