william shatnav

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
trayhop123

william shatnav

Post by trayhop123 »

my bin it binatone sat nav just stopped working for no apparent reason ,,,

its charging fine ,,,,,,,, tried a home charge too etc ,,,,,,,,, and red light indicator goes green etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but screen just wont come on

so gotta buy another ,,,,,,,,,,,,, pcworld/currys doing a navman moov m300 for £53.97 ..

spose it will have to do ( unless any of you know a cheaper 1 i can WALK IN AND PICK UP TODAY / NOT MAIL ORDER ) ,,,,,,, essential tool i cant do without.

plus martal and me driving through a route last week ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gets taken out by a transit van ,,,,,,,,,,,,, i think my suzuki alto is a write off ,,,,,,,,, not sure ,,,, up to the insurance companies ........... we both a bit bruised , but nowt serious to try to milk a claim .

the've gave me a brand new citroen c3 diesel picaso as a courtesy car , so its not all bad .

but generally had a shit week
Little discipline = BIG issue

Spyder

Re: william shatnav

Post by Spyder »

trayhop123 wrote: we both a bit bruised , but nowt serious to try to milk a claim
if you are ever in a car crash ever again, refuse to get out of the car until a paramedic is there, and state over and over that your back hurts and please ring an ambulance..
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

10bag
AMK

Post by AMK »

JG wrote:It's probably too late now Lee, but some of these peripherals need a hard reset if they freeze up. Sometimes just pressing power for five seconds or there's a hole you can sticka pin in and press a button underneath the fascia.
The trouble is nowadays that many manufacturers have removed these essential facets. If your device gets a build up of static causing it to 'crash', tough shit basically if you can't reset it. No doubt someone in the know may be able to help.

Hope you don't make a habit of sticking pins in holes lol.
... Join The Party!
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

AMK wrote:Hope you don't make a habit of sticking pins in holes lol.
Sexual innuendo eh :P

But yeah, my MP3 player and phone's got that little reset hole too. Laptops do it as well, except that you hold the normal power button down for 30-odd seconds with battery/power out to release static.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

update

been told the cars a write off ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, getting a cheque for £1856 + another cheque for £110 from their salvage/scrap firm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not too shabby , considering i only paid £1500 for the car in the first place :P

gotta look for a low mileage small diesel car now ,,,,,,,,,,, or an economic 1 litre .

ended up buying a tom tom start £99 argos.

as for the advice george , cheers m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but those small pinhole hard resets are usually not found on the cheep brands ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they want you to buy another lol

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

so bought a 55 plate 1.4 hdi diesel peugeot 1007 , with 52k on the clock ,,,,,,,,,,, but being diesel im reliably informed this is nothing ,,,,,,,,,,,,its immaculate with complete service history and all mot's ,,,, paid £2850 for it .

the main feature/gimick of course is the doors ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they electrically slide open and close from the keyfob remote , so no need to ever touch em .

two trains of thought ,,,,,,, 1 its flash and all a bit james bond ,,,,,,, or 2 its sad and all a bit disabled people's car lol

anyhow think ive found the right balance between buying new (pointless depreciation mileage too soon) and buying a bangor .

i think having a small 1 litre petrol engine ,,,,,,, or a diesel engine ,,,,, is essential in our game ,,,,,,,,,, as fuel prices are truly shocking at the mo

so whats everyone else driving at the mo ???????

lee.

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

thats my car

ford fiesta st

banned now till 27th july so me mates driving us round daily!!!! me insurance with 4 yrs no claims is now 5000?! im 22
justice For The 96
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Are you really that surprised driving an st and you've been banned??! Plus your only 22, still in the highest risk group for 3 more years yet I'm afraid! I've got an astra club 1.6 16v, costs me 550 a year to insure. Bit thirsty but does the job!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

recently sold my chrysler and got an audi a4,even though its a 1.8 turbo it still drinks way less than the chrysler,insurance for me is sky high as had a crash in my 1st year of driving
i got more routes than loreal
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

how much insurance you paying kesh
justice For The 96
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

around 2 bag a year
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

its fucking scum aint it
justice For The 96
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

insurance=biggest con ever
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I just got an Audi A3, and the insurance was horrible.

I've been driving in another country for ages, but never really bothered in the UK, since I usually cab it in London, being much easier with parking and congestion charges etc. All the insurance companies don't give a hoot about how many years no claims you have elsewhere, the only place that counts for them is the UK. So i'm treated like a driver who has 0 years no claims and is a novice.

So my insurance ranged from £1500 to almost £2500, 1/4 price of the car per year ! Such a scam.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"