£56 for board....

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
bowie

Post by bowie »

blackmogu wrote:When you have ripped a JP out of a £250, it could quite often not even board for the £250.

That would make over 1000 spins (!) for a board when they were on 25p/go. I did this very thing in a social club once, and the person next on it was practically pulling the thing apart with their bare hands they were so annoyed with it.
Would certainly make 'just playing for one board' interesting.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Rich Chicks was the one that I had in mind Kesh.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
liverpool24

Post by liverpool24 »

mouse75 wrote:Trailblazer in hills - stupidly checking how long for a board after an easy hyper streak - £84 for a one spin dead £2 board.
I made a lot of money of trailblazer - but how the hell does that work??

I still play this fairy often, it always costs for board but that's just damn unlucky. It tends to cost between 10 20 but if it opens the green game on board entry you can't lose, easily the most generous dond on anything.
darren

Post by darren »

Theres a monopoly thats like a crazy chair clone but in a bubble cabinet. Nearly always gives a natural pot when you get a feature, then takes it back for the next. It can go 105 and take that back as well. its a 35.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Not the best pub fruit out there anymore TB :( Bring back Gold Streak!!
... Join The Party!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

jeffvickers wrote:£66 for a board on Andy Capp on a Juice, lost the gamble at £2!

It cost my mate 70 on the real bingo for the first board. Roofless!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Lol, look how many views this thread has now, people love a hard luck story. :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
tommya

Post by tommya »

104 quid in a leps for a board beat that
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

tommya wrote:104 quid in a leps for a board beat that
Lol, you make it sound like someone would be excited to go out and try to get a board that costs them more than £104! :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Done 4 figures in b3's a couple of times. So happy to get my £15 In the end and then bin it!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Sometimes, its having the discipline to stop playing before you get the board

You almost know the machine will kill you after a few presses.

I saw a munter do his entire wage, about £400 (yes I was counting) in a dead unchipped power 5. The machine was still flat, no win over a quid, took me 3 hours to prize £,80 out of it. Good 'ol 11, 5, 5
tommya

Post by tommya »

Stevie S wrote:
tommya wrote:104 quid in a leps for a board beat that
Lol, you make it sound like someone would be excited to go out and try to get a board that costs them more than £104! :lol:
got the 70 first board so not to bad
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Sadly, it gets to the point where you feel compelled to carry on until you get a board, knowing full well you're gonna get raped.

It's not lack of willpower either, its just sheer bloodymindedness.
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

Agreed. Starts with £5 for a board...then ok get the board, it'll be crap but still....ends up scores down and cursing that it has to give a board soon.....Then committed and forcing for a jp (or a big win)

Sadly I think most of us have had at least one result from being in this situation and I think this is what makes us play...Bit like Trayhop's saying that losing on £500 in the beginning saves money in the long run
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Everyone gets a bit personal with the machine sometimes, it just gets to the point where you think 'fuck you machine, I don't care about the money, you WILL give me something!!!' :lol:
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"