Grannies Birthday!

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Stevie S

Grannies Birthday!

Post by Stevie S »

I can't be the only one to have had this before. The missus tells you everyone is going out for a pub lunch to celebrate grannies 100th birthday and when you arrive, their is a tastey fruity in the corner with something hot going for it but you know granny will be 101 by the time you have done it, what do you do? Do you leave the whole family for hours hearing distant voices saying "where is Stevie" and thinking "fuck off, Stevie is on the fruity making money and if anyone comes over suggesting I am rude I will put their head through it", or do you just leave it? I do the first one :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

When I was younger, I would have done the first one. In fact on nights out with non-fruit friends this scenario often caused rows. Now I am older and wiser (and financially secure), i'd leave the fruit machine alone. I realised that if I wanted to have anything resembling a normal social life, i'd have to have defined occasions when I wouldn't play machines.

The family situation depends on how much you like your family I suppose. But as I age, I find that the annoying saying of "respect your elders" that my parents used to berate me with has more relevance.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

blackmogu wrote:The family situation depends on how much you like your family I suppose. But as I age, I find that the annoying saying of "respect your elders" that my parents used to berate me with has more relevance.
If you ever came across my elders you would drop that saying in a heart beat!! :lol:
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

most my m8's family know what i do, but out of respect in a situation where i feel it would be wrong to play a machine i wont.....theres always another time
Scott

Post by Scott »

My family/mates are all easy going, but its nothing that could'nt wait till the next day.
Cobwebs 👆
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Scott wrote:My family/mates are all easy going, but its nothing that could'nt wait till the next day.
If it was indy jones surely you would let your soup of the day go cold? :lol: