Punters who play 2 machines at once

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Punters who play 2 machines at once

Post by Mr Move It »

This is not my own personal experience (thanks god!), but it is an experience nonetheless. I went into my local Silvers today (31st Jan) to play their AWPs. Crazy Chair, 4 reeler, LP DOND, a clone of Walk of Wealth and a few non-DONDs. Within minutes of me playing the AWPs, a middle-aged woman steps in and begins to play not 1, but 2 of the B3s. Both were Reel King. While I was losing £10-ish on Crazy Chair, I heard the ding-ding-ding-ding-ding on BOTH of the the lady's Reel King machines. Then the click-click-click-click-click as each King accumulates their wins on her 2 machines. When I went to change my next sheet into coins, I saw that both Reel Kings had the "reserved" sign over them and the lady has presumably gone to the bank to get more money. Shocking. After I played 8 or so AWPs and I was £20 down myself, I finally exited the arcade, taking a quick glance to see the same lady still playing the 2 Reel Kings simultaneously.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Bloke working hard to bring in money and woman putting it in fruits! Sounds like a job for Andy Gray!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i used to play a pie factory and a 6 shooter next to each other in a local arcade at the same time, id get the first jackpot on each then play the next board off at the same time, to see which gave the streak fastest... lol
AMK

Post by AMK »

Id say I usually play 2 units at the same time and sometimes 3 units. Just depends on the location really. :)
... Join The Party!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I'm with Mr. MoveIt on this one - many times I've gone into an arcade to play something specific and found some troll has left credits and a small amount in the bank - and then claims he's in the middle of playing it. Despite that fact that he's standing pressing buttons on a machine elsewhere in the arcade. So he can't be that eager to play it, or he wouldn't have walked off.

It's just selfishness and an inability to stomach seeing someone else win on a machine you want to win on yourself. Nevermind the fact that the arcade is losing custom ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Some old hag used to do this in my local years ago ,I just used to play the credits off and when she complained I just used to give her the money back for the credits .she complained to staff about it loads of times but they did zilch on account of there being signs everywhere stating that credits could not be used to reserve machines 8)

.......and she smelled

.....and needed a shave.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i like taking signs off in quicksilvers and moving them to the next machine, then not playing it, and playing something else in view... lol