red mist

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
kong

Post by kong »

Cf wrote:Look at it this way. You made £60....
Exactly! £60 in 5 minutes and onto the next one. You could easily waste an hour and finish no better off. In certain places its worth leaving the pot behind because it guarantees it will get some punter money, and then when you go back the next day its less likely to be 70-80 for your first phones... but as I said above, with all the players checking them every 5 minutes, it doesn't always work that way. If it that one hadn't taken anything I'd be very surprised if whoever found the £70 CP it made anything at all.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

think I was one of the first to have a monster CP chase and one of the first for a not landing for a shit load play up..... so now I'll take any profit unless.

not all gloom tho had my fair share of monster raises too.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

It was the last fruit of the night and i didnt want to get involved trying to get cashpot so decided just to sack it off, Have been 300 in before for cp.
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

sir ratholer wrote:Do many people actually do this?
if i wasnt much in id take the 70 no qualms......mists are soooo overated
Jack bauer
Scott

Post by Scott »

Never liked them!
Cobwebs 👆
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Scott wrote:Never liked them!
so you don't play them?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Rarely.
Cobwebs 👆
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

as bad as they can be the raises far outway the losses, surely?

most things play up now and then just gotta chin it off.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

My most common machine. Can't exactly not play them. anywhere up to 10 in 3 diffrent locations I visit every week. Only have few of other things though that I wish I had more of.
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

not got time to fuck about with mists
Jack bauer
ridye

Post by ridye »

I'll always remember the first Mist session I had.

£15 in or something. Hang on it has shot white Mega Streak!!! Collect!!!

Went for £85
Cf

Post by Cf »

eastangliapro wrote:if i wasnt much in id take the 70 no qualms......mists are soooo overated
I just about agree with this. If you have one to yourself then yeah. Otherwise...

I won't say I never play them anymore. But I certainly don't go out of my way to go into pubs with them. Hell I don't even go into pubs not out of my way because they're so covered. Around here they're on £13 max. Same with perfects.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Wow...some replies have surprised me.

I can see the attraction with a quick profit if you're 10-20 in and you get a jp box, I guess that's a reasonable low variance approach. But 65 in for jp? No way I'm taking that box. I guess last fruit of the night might be an exceptional circumstance though.

I've had some bad experiences on these, nothing exceptional but 80 loss or so which was 200 odd for cp offer, and a few small losses when 2 good pots and phoning from the off, just a waste of time really there. But I've also had a number of 200+ profits on them, I'd say overall it's probably my best profit machine of 2012.

I'm also not convinced many players know how to play them properly.
Bored of the grind.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Easily my biggest earner in the last 12 months because there's just been so many of them in every town.

Used to love a CP chase but have changed my playing style on them a few times now, shame the £140's are now pretty much non existant.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
ob

Post by ob »

Those cashpots can be a right bigger to get so often, there again when they are cheap you're looking good for a big raise. Had a lot of battles being over 100 in but in the end normally managed to grind out a profit. Perfects still easily the most profitable for me for 2012 but mists are up there as there HAS been a lot of them around, although not so much anymore!!

Sir Ratholer I think must have had the most 140s out of anyone, I hardly ever get it apart from when they came out, also I'm sure I recall thetthe twice I've been on the phone to him whilst he's playing one the first DOND gave the pot both times!!!