done up like a kipper

Had a bad experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

never looked for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,, on the way , at sheffield my connecting train to leeds was in

and on the way back , i went bradford to leeds , leeds to derby , derby to leices
Little discipline = BIG issue

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Couldn't ya just get a lift off a pal?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

nah ,,,,,,,, didn't want to ask/burdon anyone ,,,,,,,,,,,, besides wouldn't have saved much on fuel costs ,,

BFK

Post by BFK »

It's not the money side of it, it's the fucking time!!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Too right, sounds like a right mission to just get let down.
Cobwebs 👆
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Pm Tiny the number! He can give them a early morning alarm call from the hotel!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

should haveasked me i wooda taken u up....done a few servys on the way...got a few routes that way anyhow. early start for me today
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ok 3 more trains today ,,,,,,and a tram,,,,,, to pendbery or somethingorother , on the asquinth line or something ,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,, MANCHESTER

but thankfully drove back today .

now then this may suprise a few of you what i have bought ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but at least its something to discuss lol

1 owner from new , old fellow called albert ,,,,,,,,,,,, given up driving and sold it to his local garage.

daewoo matiz se 800cc,,,,,, 1st registered november 1999 ????? wtf i hear you cry

but

garaged all its life ,,,,,,,,,,,, complete service history every 12 months religiously , with stamps and receipts ,,,,,,,,,,,,, not one single dent anywhere , bodywork immaculate , ,,,,,,,,,,,, 12month mot done today with no advisory , four brand new tyres , and a spare wheel thats never been used ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i paid £800 for it ,,,,,,,,,,, and best of all its got 28k on the clock.

probably far from the best choice of car for the motorway mileage i will put it through though lol ,,,,,,,,,,,, but at 39 im no speed freak ,,,,,,,,, and keep it under 70 and it will sip fuel .

discuss

this is the part where you say , wtf lee , you tight arsed twat

tommya

Post by tommya »

I'm one for thinking u may as well treat ur self to a nice motor cus u spend most of the day traveling in it. Plus it makes u your cash, but hey everyone to there own tried a banger for abit more trouble than it was worth. Police pulled me over 6 times in 3 months.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

2 big lads in that...will be knocking her back to first gear to get up a hill
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

my mates just bought a 1935 armstrong siddelly, only 2 in the whole country left... he paid 5k for it, the number plate is worth almsot double that... spawny bugger
Unbelievable Jeff
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I'd have to to have a big car if I was full time( I've got one anyway). Even if it was a diesel vectra. There a cheaper runabout and good on fuel and quite alot of car for no money. A 05 plate is about 2k and surely more comfortable to drive than that. Isn't it a cheverolet matiz anyway. Think it was on top gear as star in reasonably priced car
BFK

Post by BFK »

The reason it's so cheap lee is because it's an awful car.

Could of got urself an even newer diesel mondy or vectra for that money, will be more reliable, safer, cheaper to fix/replace parts, far more comfy and the engines will be cruisin at 2,000 revs at 70mph with 4 adults in not screamin it's head off at 50 with half the load!!!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Your car is after all your office though the day!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

all valid points ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, like bfk's,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,

your all right of course ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for the amount of mileage we do fulltime ,,,,,,,, i should have a larger engine car , that can take it in its stride comfortably .

thing is , ive been scanning ebay , autotrader , gumtree and motors .co . uk etc for a week.

you all say , you can get this or that etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but take a look its not that easy ,,,,,,,,, well it is , BUT ONLY if you are prepared to compromise on ,,,,,, low mileage etc

plus your insurance is higher etc

plus the price will be 3 x what ive paid

i had a brand new (well 6months old) car once ,,,,,,,,,,, and within 2 1/2 years i had mullerd the mileage to the extreme ,,,,,,,,,,,, made it depreciate like a stone.

better off buying a low mileage banger in my opinion ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you can get a year out of it with the miles we do , it pays for itself ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sooner cost me 1k a year all in . than 13k for 3years with a resale value of ????? with 120k plus on the clock.

maybe im wrong ,

if/when slotting ends for me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, probably treat myself to a better car then.

the new car vs banger has always been a dilemma for full time players that like to travel the country.