good service

Had a good experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
ailsa266

good service

Post by ailsa266 »

Yesterday I was in a quiet pub I rarely visit, and am very likely an unknown face to the staff and regulars. I played the machine for a bit and things went my way.
On collecting the bank, it iou'd at £92.
There'd been a couple of comments from the regulars at the coins coming out to that point, and when I'd first bought my drink I'd had to point out to the barman I'd been short-changed, so I had a feeling this wasn't going to go my way and a series of phone calls over the coming weeks in a bid to get my money was looming.
However, the barman came over, made a quick phone call to his boss and gave me the cash out the safe....totally unexpected!
If only all short payouts were settled as easily as that!
Scott

Post by Scott »

I actually got a phone call that an IOU was ready for me to collect on Friday, nice not to have to chase it for once!
Cobwebs 👆
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I did too £4 lol
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

ailsa266 wrote:Yesterday I was in a quiet pub I rarely visit, and am very likely an unknown face to the staff and regulars. I played the machine for a bit and things went my way.
On collecting the bank, it iou'd at £92.
There'd been a couple of comments from the regulars at the coins coming out to that point, and when I'd first bought my drink I'd had to point out to the barman I'd been short-changed, so I had a feeling this wasn't going to go my way and a series of phone calls over the coming weeks in a bid to get my money was looming.
However, the barman came over, made a quick phone call to his boss and gave me the cash out the safe....totally unexpected!
If only all short payouts were settled as easily as that!
Wait until next time you go in there...
kong

Post by kong »

As mentioned in another thread, had a £150 IOU on an Electrocoin that was spitting out air instead of coins. Got the £140 IOU (the part the landlord saw, the barmaid wasted the other fiver) along with an apology and an assurance that the supplier has been reprimanded and told to fix it!

Later the same day, a £60 IOU from an unchipped machine paid out the till, this time by a sincerely apologetic landlady. Almost made me feel guilty for winning on them!

If only the suppliers floated / configured them correctly in the first place they wouldn't have these problems and the machines would be switched on on Saturday afternoon making them money...
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I don't get good service! After the purchase of a beverage, I am confronted with a machine thats 70 off full to the nearest tenth! I'll have to put in a written complaint to the higher ups I think!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

A certain ivor thomas from kent sent me a iou yesterday! Cheers ivor!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Good result there Mr Glendale. Is ivor thomas kent way? We did well there a few years back. Is the puke pub still open?
The beard is not to be feared.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

TINYMcFINEY wrote:Good result there Mr Glendale. Is ivor thomas kent way? We did well there a few years back. Is the puke pub still open?
tiny - the puke pub is a corner shop nowadays.
ivor thomas is mainly a kent supplier.

two payouts spring to mind. one was in a pub in bexleyheath playing an ace £4.80 Hi Flyer (lines method) I pressed collect and instead of paying out the £5-6 odd I had in the bank it emptied all the pound coins out and did a £38 iou!
the landlady came running over - heat i thought as it only used to pay £2 out at a time. she was apologising and saying that she hoped i hadn't lost on it. she went to the till and gave me £38. I told her i had only stuck £3 quid in and bought a round of drinks for the regulars in the pub and instantly became mr popular. never went back in there.

the wetherspoons in woolwich. had the roll on a random £35. i had the bank at £195 and wanted to 'see' the bank get over £200 so stuck a £5 note in. WHOOO WHOOO WHOOO! fucking alarm went off. told the staff behind the bar what had happened. turned the machine off and on and it didn't pay, but still alarmed. gave the bar manager my mobile # and he promised he would call me the next day regardless of whether it had been verified or not. tbh he was very skeptical that i hadn't been trying to put a fake note in, let alone be due a £200 payout. next day - no call. went in there and spoke to a staff member who gave me £195 coins and a chewed up fiver (which i used to buy a drink with)

begins to make up for the 1000s of rejected ious
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

So its a puke corner shop now
The beard is not to be feared.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Which pub was the puke pub? I always thought it was the one on Chatham Hill on the right that's now a bathroom shop, where I saw the fattest guy I've ever seen wear a tshirt saying 'I beat Anorexia'.

Not the smallest guy myself but actually burst out laughing when I saw that!
Bored of the grind.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

sir ratholer wrote:Which pub was the puke pub? I always thought it was the one on Chatham Hill on the right that's now a bathroom shop, where I saw the fattest guy I've ever seen wear a tshirt saying 'I beat Anorexia'.

Not the smallest guy myself but actually burst out laughing when I saw that!
i think the one with the fat fella in was the boatswain and call.
the puke pub was the viscount near the black lion sports centre next to where the dole office in gillingham was.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Thats the one! Think its strangely pronounced bosun and call! They barred me for the flash cash and then closed a few days later.

The viscount near the sports centre changed its name to the sphynx, had a p4 stopper and i was the only White person in there, was very very scary. One of the locals got his gun out to show his mate, at which point I just walked out.

It's now an eastern European food shop.
Bored of the grind.