All the fun of the fair

Had a good experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
AMK

Post by AMK »

Stevie S wrote:
AMK wrote:
Drpepper wrote:Getting a load of boards in a row on an extreme would probably resulted in you getting a hiding, but saying that, £25 extremes are rare as rocking horse shit now so i'd have probably risked it for nostalgia's sake.

Further to that, god knows what dodgy chips those barcrests are on, so you did very well not getting involved.
There's 3 in one place round here lol.
You puzzle the fuck out of me to be honest mate, one minute you know what Birkenhead has, and the next your talking about some spoons miles away! What is the score with you, did some army doctor clone you about 20 times so you could cover everywhere in the country in one foul swoop? :|
I live in Moreton bud. But cover a massive area. Have 10 or so routes with plenty of different slotting variety.

There was a good arcade in New Brighton bowling alley. The GGGs in there were phat as. Shame it closed after a few months :( there's not much going for the place now apart from a travelbodge and a £15 Ceasers Palace lol.
... Join The Party!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Mr Move It wrote:In the same fairground, different arcade though, I had an invincible on Vivid's Hypnotic for £25 jp repeater, which repeated up to £75 and the guy in that booth didn't bat an eyelid.
He is probably now helping to support the foundations of a new railway line lol.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

AMK wrote:
Stevie S wrote:
AMK wrote: There's 3 in one place round here lol.
You puzzle the fuck out of me to be honest mate, one minute you know what Birkenhead has, and the next your talking about some spoons miles away! What is the score with you, did some army doctor clone you about 20 times so you could cover everywhere in the country in one foul swoop? :|
I live in Moreton bud. But cover a massive area. Have 10 or so routes with plenty of different slotting variety.

There was a good arcade in New Brighton bowling alley. The GGGs in there were phat as. Shame it closed after a few months :( there's not much going for the place now apart from a travelbodge and a £15 Ceasers Palace lol.
The fve quid machines in New Brighton now have a sign on them saying any win over £2 must be witnessed by an attendant! I shit you not.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Stevie S wrote:The fve quid machines in New Brighton now have a sign on them saying any win over £2 must be witnessed by an attendant! I shit you not.
My local Shipley's (now Silvers) have those notices as well. Except that it's "wins over £3...". What amuses me is that those signs said £3 when I was first slotting 10 years ago and they still say £3 now.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Years ago in whitby they had stickers like that, for any wins above £2 i think, so the chavs (or whatever they were classed at then) delighted in doing exactly what the signs said, and getting an attendant every time they won :lol: .

Signs didn't last too long, understandably.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

AMK wrote:There's a travelling fair that still has a Barcrest Cash Run on £10. Ready to rock you again..... That machine was the dogs bolix. :D
Few years back, Cambridge fair had all the good stuff. Ready To Rock dropping down the back - Golden Hold barcode jackpot 1st or 2nd board and runnarge. Got a good amount on the top, but when I collected, it only paid out about £30! Bloke came out and told me to piss off basically so we didn't get that money owed.

Went to the other side of the fair and found Italian Job 2 dropping down the back. Was a bit pissed off and decided to take every pound out hoping it would be more than the R2R. Turned out that it did hold 125. So got a bit of revenge.

Found another arcade on the way out with a Chuzzy Bar X. It worked and rolled in 4 pots I think it was. So a decent result in the end.
liverpool24

Post by liverpool24 »

AMK wrote:£25 Hell Raiser
£25 Yabba Dabba
£25 Hyper Viper
£25 Horn of Plenty
£25 Around the Board in 40 days
£25 Monopoly wonders of the world
£35 CYBTB
£35 Manic Muncher
£35 Walk of Wealth
£70 Army thing, always forget the name

That's the lineup of slots where I am now. Load of 10p things like PCB, IJ3 and reds hehe
Where do you live, Pontins ?? I seem to be the only person who is not surrounded by fruits from the dark ages, unless these are all in ol' man boozers, I'd never frequent such establishment so i'm perhaps missing out on a plethora of classic money making machines.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

im pretty sure ive seen those signs on a rainbow riches £500er 'any win over £5 must be witnessed by attendant'
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

liverpool24 wrote:
AMK wrote:£25 Hell Raiser
£25 Yabba Dabba
£25 Hyper Viper
£25 Horn of Plenty
£25 Around the Board in 40 days
£25 Monopoly wonders of the world
£35 CYBTB
£35 Manic Muncher
£35 Walk of Wealth
£70 Army thing, always forget the name

That's the lineup of slots where I am now. Load of 10p things like PCB, IJ3 and reds hehe
Where do you live, Pontins ?? I seem to be the only person who is not surrounded by fruits from the dark ages, unless these are all in ol' man boozers, I'd never frequent such establishment so i'm perhaps missing out on a plethora of classic money making machines.
:lol:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Mr Move It wrote:
Stevie S wrote:The fve quid machines in New Brighton now have a sign on them saying any win over £2 must be witnessed by an attendant! I shit you not.
My local Shipley's (now Silvers) have those notices as well. Except that it's "wins over £3...". What amuses me is that those signs said £3 when I was first slotting 10 years ago and they still say £3 now.
If you take inflation into account, it would probably be equal to a hundred sheets now! :|
ecstasy

Post by ecstasy »

there was an emptier for ready to rock at one time no?
Nixxy

Re: All the fun of the fair

Post by Nixxy »

Mr Move It wrote:... while the third one was called Lucky Strike with a mining theme, but is essentially the same as darts...
Didya try it? (the feature I mean) - You never know what you might find chip-wise in a fairground ..
Mr Move It wrote:Next was the Vampire version of Bellfruit Monopoly, £5 - This is by Mazooma though, but the same in every respect. Can't remember what it was called though

It's called Return of the Count, the sequel to Count Yer Cash.

Mr Move It wrote:LOTR £25 - This is part 2 I think, one of the diamond-shaped grid games like Alien. This was turned off though.

Hmmm can't think why :lol:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Nixxy wrote:Didya try the feature.
he'd have got murdered if he'd done that infront of a pikey.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Spyder wrote:
Nixxy wrote:Didya try the feature.
he'd have got murdered if he'd done that infront of a pikey.
I shall assume that given he must've been alive enough to start this thread, that he didn't :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

ecstasy wrote:there was an emptier for ready to rock at one time no?
Two, in fact. One via the matrix light up, and after that was chipped out, via superhold sets, locmotions.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"