My day in Glasgow

Had a good experience on a fruit machine? Discuss it here..
Mr Move It

My day in Glasgow

Post by Mr Move It »

5th February 2011.

I've been away from FC for a few days, staying with an old uni friend up in Glasgow. We're both into AWPs so we thought that we'd dedicate a day to them. We're both casuals, but long-time players and remained interested in AWP developments. Lady luck was a bit of a mixed bag but proved overall positive hence writing in this section.

First, was a large amusements arcade called Booths. With the exception of Monopoly Road to Riches, the AWPs were virtually all DONDs. My friend took a beating from What's In The Box while I was doing badly on a Crazy Chair. After that we joined forces to go halves on various machines. We chose Big Reds which was new to both of us. Just £4 in and it threw us a GATW140. There was no MS on the Deal game so we played the board out until it went to MS. Great, that's £70 each. We then did badly another Deal machine. Can't remember what it was called but it resembled the old JPM machines like High Flyer - a simple game where you had to hi-lo nudges for a win, then you hi-lo the win itself and there wasn't much else going on here.

We then took a train to another part of Glasgow, can't remember where as it was a new area to both of us. Here we found an old man's pub that had a quizzer. The machine had games based on TV shows like DOND and a few that I can't remember (as I don't have a TV). We didn't win anything but we enjoyed the games nonetheless.

Next was a Weatherspoons that had a Double-Deal and 2 other machines. The Deal was boarding but we didn't get as far as the DOND game, so double-Deals (the type that gives you 2 offers) are still a mystery to us. There was a Murphy's Millions which we thought was very good. It took a revival to the good old blue/red trail games +DOND element. It is possible to die on the red trail though if you accepted a ? mark. There is a super board on this but it's backlit by white lamps rather than blue/red. We had plenty of boards and a few swipes at DOND with decent £15-ish deals. The other machine in this Weatherspoons looked like a Red at distance but as we got nearer it turned out to be made by Blueprint Gaming - a brand that I've only so far seen online at Skyvegas. We only tried a few quid in it and the game seemed to be related to Monopoly R2R.

Next place was a student union bar with a Dream Factory which we initially lost a fortune on, then raked it all back via Deal games. It also had a video version of Monopoly R2R. The main difference is that instead of streaks, you played a feature on the screen that spun a wheel and your car moved up so many places, each with a bigger prize than on the last tile. Keep going until the wheel lands on stop. After a tenner in, we got £50 out. Our 2nd most successful raise from today.

Then we went into a sports bar that was showing the Six Nations rugby where Scotland were playing. Being in Glasgow, the bar was rammed and rather vocal as expected. This had one of the newer DONDs. Can't remember what it's called but it's the one with an octagonal-shaped board. ** I just checked BFG's site and it's called Banker's Bonus. After a few unpromising boards and £10 in, my friend attempted a COB and took us both by surprise with a £40 win. 3rd most successful raise of the day.

We had a funny moment in the next pub on another Murphy's Millions and it got switched off while we were playing it. It was because someone has pulled the plug out so another guy could charge his mobile phone lol! It was okay in the end - the guy plugged our machine back in and its RAM remembers the game from where we last left it.

We are getting quite drunk by now so we tried a few more random bars. One was called Driftwood with a Western theme. DOND in there, can't remember which, and we did pants on it.

Getting increasingly more drunk, we entered another bar and it had a Vortex by Red which I've seen mentioned on here quite a lot (didn't do too brilliant here), plus an Empire game (not Empire Strikes Back but a real Empire!) called Up The Ant. It was based on Gimme Gimme Gimme. Instead of super shots in the middle though, it had a mystery prize hidden behind a mirror. You can accept it if you get the 3 supershot icons (same method as Gimme). We got it a couple of times, 6 winspins first time and 7 KOs 2nd time.

Our last bar was Yates. This had a Pac-Man (none of the versions that we knew), but was blatantly based on Monopoly R2R. We had a small raise on this. Yates also had the Monopoly version of Crazy Chair and we were even-Stevens on that.

After that, we grabbed a takeaway then headed back to inner Glasgow where Booths was again. This was our only really bad move of the day as we were pretty smashed now and we wasted about 4 sheets each on the DONDs.

Overall though, a productive day out, lots of experimentation with machines that were new to us and a little profit in the end.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

If i was you id stay well away from WIYB, these got done on almost evry program, save your self the money mate.
Scott

Post by Scott »

You don't have a TV? Whats all your furniture pointed at?
Cobwebs 👆
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Sounds like a good day mate. :wink:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

thecannonball89 wrote:If i was you id stay well away from WIYB, these got done on almost evry program, save your self the money mate.
Yeah, seemed to be a clone of Ziggy. Thankfully not one I've seen often in the wild.
Scott wrote:You don't have a TV? Whats all your furniture pointed at?
I've only got a studio flat here buddy, so not too much in a way of furniture to point towards a TV hehe. I dunno, TV just never appealed to me. Too much crap being broadcast these days. I've always been more of a computer person. Plus there's Youtube if you're really desperate.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fair do's mate, it was just a funny quote i heard mentioned in Friends :)
Cobwebs 👆
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

well my week has mostly been spent driving ,,,,,,,,,

got up at 6.25 am went london (have been goin since i got back off hols once or twice a week , generally a lot more suit/casual throughput than most other citys) last tues , got barred from leicester sq arc for skilling the darts marathon (cost a ton aswell , shocking lol) ,,,,, whilst i was on it , a black guy came in ( seemed friendly ) and said he's in that arcade every day but doesn't play the darts as its the worst machine he has ever played lol ,,,,,,, yet the previous 2 hits i had were 34 and 15 raises with martin ,,,,,,,,, anyhow then i got barred , so i asked why , and the bloke said management have told us to bar professionals ,,,,,,, i said i lost 30quid on it ffs lol ,,,,,, he said maybe but you still hit the skill so u have to go ........ lol lol.... twat

anyhow we had a great day 100plus each ,,,,, then when i got home ,,,,,, having already drove 200 miles that day ,,,,, my mrs then sent me past bradford to buy a puppy ,,,,,, so by the time i got back i ddidn't get sleep then till 3am the next day .

then the next day had to drive over 150 miles each way to weatherby nr scotch corner for another puppy .

then found time to do my local stuff

then another long errand past stoke ,,,,,,,

back london today ,,,,,,,,,,, and for the first time in a long time (always try 2quid like a million other players that day no doubt lol) caught watford gap ,,,,,,, 2 in non nudge took ten , a few quid back for pot , 73 raise.

despite the driving ,,,,,, been a varied and enjoyable profitable week.
Little discipline = BIG issue

thecannonball89

Black guy with glasses?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yep very polite

thecannonball89

Greg, spoke to him before. Was a long time ago when they had a 35 cluedo and here and now next to each other at the station. (liverpool st maybe)
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Scott wrote:Fair do's mate, it was just a funny quote i heard mentioned in Friends :)
Haha, no worries :-) I'm still up for DVDs (on the computer), just never had a telly.

I forgot to add to my original post that on that day, I saw the first machines with note payout, 2 of them.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

trayhop123 wrote:well my week has mostly been spent driving ,,,,,,,,,

got up at 6.25 am went london (have been goin since i got back off hols once or twice a week , generally a lot more suit/casual throughput than most other citys) last tues , got barred from leicester sq arc for skilling the darts marathon (cost a ton aswell , shocking lol) ,,,,, whilst i was on it , a black guy came in ( seemed friendly ) and said he's in that arcade every day but doesn't play the darts as its the worst machine he has ever played lol ,,,,,,, yet the previous 2 hits i had were 34 and 15 raises with martin ,,,,,,,,, anyhow then i got barred , so i asked why , and the bloke said management have told us to bar professionals ,,,,,,, i said i lost 30quid on it ffs lol ,,,,,, he said maybe but you still hit the skill so u have to go ........ lol lol.... twat

anyhow we had a great day 100plus each ,,,,, then when i got home ,,,,,, having already drove 200 miles that day ,,,,, my mrs then sent me past bradford to buy a puppy ,,,,,, so by the time i got back i ddidn't get sleep then till 3am the next day .

then the next day had to drive over 150 miles each way to weatherby nr scotch corner for another puppy .

then found time to do my local stuff

then another long errand past stoke ,,,,,,,

back london today ,,,,,,,,,,, and for the first time in a long time (always try 2quid like a million other players that day no doubt lol) caught watford gap ,,,,,,, 2 in non nudge took ten , a few quid back for pot , 73 raise.

despite the driving ,,,,,, been a varied and enjoyable profitable week.
Wow, you must be loving the petrol pump prices at the moment with that kind of mileage.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

tell me about it kid ,,,,,,, its fucking stupid ,,,,,,,,,, servys £1.35 litre ,,,,,,,, scandal

thankfully my 1.1 suzuki alto is pretty good ,,,,,,,,,

the new diesel smart car ,,,,,,,, does 80 to the gallon ,,,,,,,,, im seriously tempted

Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

trayhop123 wrote:tell me about it kid ,,,,,,, its fucking stupid ,,,,,,,,,, servys £1.35 litre ,,,,,,,, scandal

thankfully my 1.1 suzuki alto is pretty good ,,,,,,,,,

the new diesel smart car ,,,,,,,, does 80 to the gallon ,,,,,,,,, im seriously tempted
Skoda fabia 1.2 tdi does 90+ ona run
megastreak140

Post by megastreak140 »

estima 2.2 17 to the gallon