nextgen

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
trayhop123

nextgen

Post by trayhop123 »

so erm ps4 or xboxone ??? ,,,,,,, ps4 for me

discuss

(heres hoping we can keep this on topic without a slagging match)
Little discipline = BIG issue

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

ps4 but not aiming at getting one right away. the new gta should keep me busy for a long time
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

talking of gta type games ,,,,,, as part of a special offer , right now on psn there doing sleeping dogs for 15.99 ,,,,,,,, im gonna download tonite

its had very favourable reviews ,,,,,,, basically a kung fu gta set in hong kong

anyone wanting to add me on psn trayhop2

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you got blackops2 lee?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

no , not really a big cod fan , ,,,, its just ok to me ,,,,,, got cod world at war for a 5ver , and ive got killzone 3 ,,,,,,, but although there ok , theres not really a lot of strategy and the cover systems are weak.

much prefer unit 13 on the vita ,,,,which is a 3rd person army shooter,, of course you can go in all guns blazing , but your rewarded more for stealth play and the layout and cover system are better , its more tactical , the thinking mans shooter.

my fave type of games are character driven arcade adventures , so obviously i have all 3 uncharteds and both batman arkhams.

loved the original indiana jones game on original xbox , fate of atlantis

plus as most know i love and still play a lot of retro , be it on the mame arcade machine (5500 games ), or my handheld megadrive with sd card with over a thousand games.

ps4 released 29th november uk shores ,,,,,,,,, sony as a brand just keep getting better and better imo

all their gear from consoles to tv's etc are quality made ,,,,,,, pricy , but you get what you pay for

harry2

Post by harry2 »

Retro. Just been playing the original Duke Nukem. Can't believe he game is 22 years old. Shareware was £1 on a floppy disk.
Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

Shareware, a blast from the past. Play the game, if you like it pay the author.
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

trayhop123 wrote:so erm ps4 or xboxone ??? ,,,,,,, ps4 for me

discuss

(heres hoping we can keep this on topic without a slagging match)
Fuck off Traildrop you idiot!!

I'm doing something on Triple 777's that u could never workout. Just face it ur a gaming nerd and when I next see you I'm gonna put my superman outfit on and kick ur fucking arse.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

like it lol ,,,,, nice 1 bfk lol

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

so ,,,,,,,,, whats the outcome of this now that xmas is behind us ?

personally , the mrs was all set to buy me the ps4 with a game ,,,,,,,, and believe it or not ive declined ,,,,, for now at least

why ? ,,,,,,, i simply cant justify 400 quid for essentially 1 new game ,,,,,,,,

consider this ,,,, 1, the first wave titles are never truly spectacular , often rushed to meet the release of the host machine ,,,,, yes killzone looks good but its hardly original , ,,,,,

2, the ps4 will no doubt be an amazing machine , but better to give it 6mth to a yr ,,,,,,, if only for the programmers to fully get to grips with the hardware ,,,,,, the ps3 is nearing 8yrs old ,,,,,,, take a look at the first wave titles like resistance fall of man or motastorm ,,,,, then look at today's amazing titles like uncharted 3 , gran tourismo 6 etc the difference is massive

3, in 6months not only will we be on the 2nd wave of software , but there will be possibly a pricedrop and/or better priced bundles of a few games/extra controller etc

plus things like netflix wont ever look any better , and they have used the same shitty ps3 browser too

so i got the mrs to get me gtav , the last of us and batman origins ,,,,,,,,,, they'll keep me going for 6months anyhow ,,,,,,,, gta possibly longer , seems theres an absurd amount of content to do.

im currently working through the last of us now

so did any of you take the next gen early adopter plunge ?

tommya

Post by tommya »

I got the ps4 for fifa . Apart from sony excusives i will get most games on the pc but the ps4 is a very good machine
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I bought an Xbox One a couple of weeks ago and like you Lee, I was going to hold off until at least the Watchdogs release. I toyed with the idea of a PS4 because it'll be a better gaming console but I detest the controller! Shame I'm gonna miss Naughty Dogs' masterpieces again. As for the XB1 I'm currently playing Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct. Its a great machine thus far - quick power up, nice visuals, silent machine and an improved controller. The dashboard is far too cumbersome though imo and I've hardly used the Kinect voice commands - in fact, I feel like a tw*t saying 'Xbox.....'! Being able to exit back to the dashboard then recommence your game where you left off is a supreme touch.