thoughts on wii u

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
tommya

thoughts on wii u

Post by tommya »

Thinking about getting one of these for my son for xmas just wondering what peoples thoughts are.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im sticking with vita

not to say wii u isnt interesting ,,,,,,,, but no killer titles announced yet , ,,,,,, nothing to warrant opening the wallet yet for me

nintendo are a great company n all ,,,,,,,, and they do make a few adult games , but primarily cater to the young with fluffycuteadventure2 etc ,,,,,,,,, so probably great for your son m8 ,,,,,,, but not for me
Little discipline = BIG issue

tommya

Post by tommya »

My boy loves the wii so i thought may aswell get the u, got to say it that zombie u looks amazing but shhhh its for him not me lol
tommya

Post by tommya »

trayhop123 wrote:im sticking with vita

not to say wii u isnt interesting ,,,,,,,, but no killer titles announced yet , ,,,,,, nothing to warrant opening the wallet yet for me

nintendo are a great company n all ,,,,,,,, and they do make a few adult games , but primarily cater to the young with fluffycuteadventure2 etc ,,,,,,,,, so probably great for your son m8 ,,,,,,, but not for me
Really fifa 13, black ops 2, batman, tekken and my fave zombie u to name a few.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im not knocking the system tom , ,,,,, im a firm believer in a great game is a great game regardless of format ,,,,,,, ive owned or still do own atari 2600 st , c16 c64 amiga , spectrum , megadrive snes , ps1/2/3/vita , xbox/360 ,,,,,,,, and countless other retro consoles and handhelds.

im just saying although ninty has some superb titles , theres a lot of kid aimed shovelware too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the only reason ive held off from buying a wii u is that currently theres nothing much attracting me to it

lets face it , other than zombi u ,,,,,,, the rest of your list are already available on ps3/xbox ,,,,,,,,,,,, hardly persuasion to dig in the wallet just yet

i love all systems , i just think sony have more adult exclusives for my tastes at the mo ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, plus it will be interesting to see what the ps4/x720 have in store for us

Cf

Post by Cf »

Currently not all that interested in the Wii U but that will probably change when Zelda Wind Waker HD is released!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Commodore was a great company. Fucked up that Microsoft ended up winning the OS war, as it was by far the worst. The Amiga made the most of what it had. What fantastic games... Anyone remember North & South, Robocod?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

robocod was great , but the megadrive version is far superior .

amiga had some great games though , speedball 2 , it came from the desert , etc ,,,,,,,,,,,, i had the amiga 500 batpack ,,,,,,,, came with batman , new zealand story and f22 intercepter ,,,,,, good times indeed

tommya

Post by tommya »

You can get speedball 2 on your phone. Ice cream ice cream buy your ice cream lol
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

It came from the desert was cool. Alien Breed was a good one. Cannon Fodder. Populous. And the classic Point'n'Click adventures.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

expect a big announcement from sony on february 20th
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

there's plenty of rumours doing the rounds at the mo ,,,,,,,,, will 20th be the ps4 reveal ? who knows

other reports suggest they may wait for bill gates to lay his cards on the table first ,,,,, hmmm ????

plus what with the arrival of cheap alternative android home consoles looming on the horizon (check ouya , gamestick, etc) ,,,,,,,,,,, who knows who will be the clear winner next gen ???????

GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Ps4????
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

defo a sony announcement on 20th feb, they refuse to confirm anything to do with ps4 though.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

not giving much away

http://youtu.be/g82C4Nu_Jq8