Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
mr lugsy

Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Post by mr lugsy »

I bought this a few days ago at the reduced price of 25 quid.

AFAIC it's bloody fantastic, it's been a long time since i wanted to play the same same level of a game over and over again.

very impressed and highly recommend it.
ob

Post by ob »

Wasn't a great fan personally, it gets very samey, even on the hardest difficulty its easy to do everything bar the boss fights.

It starts out good and sort of peters out I'd say, but I imagine others would disagree...
ob

Post by ob »

Wasn't a great fan personally, it gets very samey, even on the hardest difficulty its easy to do everything bar the boss fights.

It starts out good and sort of peters out I'd say, but I imagine others would disagree...
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

it's the way you can mix things up that i like. there are some really ingenius ways to overcome stuff as well , you could easily repeat a level and do it very differently because of the non linear layouts.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

batman arkam city , and uncharted 3 are the only two games im genuinely looking forward to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, day 1 purchases
Little discipline = BIG issue

ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I was slightly disappointed with Deus Ex too. It got better as it went on though. The way I saw it was like this - Splinter Cell did stealth better, Mass Effect did branching of narrative better and almost every FPS did shooting better!!!

It wasn't awful, I just expected it to be better.

I bought Rage today and thus far it seems to be quality title......that'll be finished and traded in within a fortnight! :lol:
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

15 pound off rage if you spend 30 on shopping at tesco

i was gonna get it but the review i saw completely slated the non shooting parts.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I traded in Gears 3 and a 75p game (PES 208) to get an extra £10 off at Gamestation. They gave me Rage and 11p back!!!! :lol:
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

:lol:
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

matilda m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, pheww what was wrong with gears 3 ???? ,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont have a 360 ,,,,,,, but reviews are mega across the board.

ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it Lee - it was a great game recommended to everyone. I completed it, played a fair bit of Horde and a small amount of TDM. It was always my intention to trade it in and maybe buy it back at a later.

I get bored easily lol. Rage will be gone for Forza 4 next week!!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

wouldn't you be better off renting ???

mind , ,,,,,,,,, im lucky , im literally 100 yards from blockbusters, walk over in me slippers :lol: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Yes and no. A new release is £5 for 5 days, isn't it? Sometimes a game can last me a fortnight before tedium sets in. So Blockbusters is good as a tester.

I have a Lovefilm account, just the £5.99 p/m, 2 blurays or games p/m option. Thats good for playing games that are meant to be ok, but I don't really wanna buy - Hunted: Demons Forge, Call of Juarez: Cartel, Transformers 3, Shadows of the Damned etc.

It's also quite difficult to get brand new release from Lovefilm. There is way, but it very seldom works.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

trayhop123 wrote:batman arkam city , and uncharted 3 are the only two games im genuinely looking forward to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, day 1 purchases
Are you playing Arkham City, Lee?

I think its awesome!!! A bit overwhelming to begin with as you're thrown in at the deep end. I've barely scratched the surface myself, but I believe this is really one for the fans of the comics/graphic novels with loads of subtle nudges and winks.

Potential GOTY for me.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ive bought it ,,,,,,,,, but wont allow myself to play it until ive completed the first one