megadrive nostalgia

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

what's their website coz it isn't blaze.com or .co.uk?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

£49.99 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the sd card expansion makes it worth every penny ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fuck it , ide have gladly paid £100 to have every game ever made.
Little discipline = BIG issue

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

just google blaze ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, comes up blaze europe

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

it's gotta be the six button 49.99 jobby then 8)

including;

Alex Kidd
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Arrow Beast
Arrow Flash
Bonanza Bros
Columns
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Ecco
ESWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Golden Axe 2
Shadow Dancer
Streets of Rage 1
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic Spinball

and street fighter, the new challengers :P
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yup ,,,,,,,,,,, like i said previously ,,,,,,,,,,, i ordered a pre made sd card ,,,,,,,, featuring supposedly 950 roms off ebay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its on my unit looking at me ,,,,,,,,,,,, but is it empty ? lol ,,,,,,,,,, have i been ham-shanked :P

ruthl3ss

hmm

Post by ruthl3ss »

go into town and try it in a currys laptop dude

if you still want the menus done surely somebody could do that for you remotely
darren

Re: hmm

Post by darren »

Up the tv boy :lol:
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i used to have a tv boy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but then i came back from my holiday in thailand :o ops: :o ops: :o ops: :P

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

not arrived yet :x grrrrr

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ohhhhhh fuck ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not off to a good start.

it arrived , nice packaging ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, felt nice build quality ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but there was a kind of burn mark recess in part of the plastic ,,,,,, hmmmm ?? .

switched it on ,,,,,,,,, and the first thing that hits you is the quality of the screen , pin sharp and bright ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, streets or rage 2 looks hd , ,,,,,,,,,,,, i cant convey just how superb the screen is. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the sound is tinny and crap though ,,,,, pointless without headphones ,,,,,,,,,, with headphones its top notch. ,,,,,,,,,, control is superb though and not a hint of processor slowdown even with many enemies on screen etc.

but ,,,,,,,,,,,,, (and this doesn't bode well for the company ) ,,,,,,,,, at least 7 of the 18 built in games didn't load ,,nothing whatsoever just a blank screen ,,,,,,,,,,,, and when you try collums it loads alien storm instead lol.

this coupled with the burn mark ,obviously a duff unit ,,,,,,,,,, so rang em up and sent it back , awaiting a replacement .

so despite the initial plus points ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i would hold back ordering one , until i get my replacement . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i'll do a full review then , and try the memory card option etc.

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

arrived today ,,,,,,,,,

full review pending

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,, this unit is perfect ,,,,,,,,,,,, every game runs perfect ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there is no slowdown whatsoever ,,,,,,,

ok ,,,,,,,,, the screen as previously stated is awesome ,,,,,,,,,,, i cant stress enough just how pin sharp it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, most people when they had the original megadrive , connected it up using the in-pack rf tv ariel ,,,,,,, which was very low res and fuzzy , but hey 99% of us knew no better and thought it looked great for the time ,,,,,,,,,, only a few people would have opted for a seperate component cable at extra cost,,,,,,,,,,,,, this screen reflects that quality ,,,,,,,,, it gives all the games you remember a fresh coat of paint ,,,, theres no motion blur, and makes everything look superb almost hd ,,,,

the sound however is pathetic ,,,,,,,,,,, weedy , and distorts at full volume through the tinny mono speaker ,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, plug some headphones in though and its superb .

the controls are ok ,,,,,,,,,,, but seem rather small and fiddly for large adult digits ,,,,,,,,, its something you will get used to , and all 6 action buttons are very responsive ,,,,,,,,, the dpad is fine for most games ,,,,,,,,,,, but i did have some trouble with it rolling out fireballs in streetfighter 2 . ,,,,,,,,, hmm ?

theres 18 built in games ,,,,,,,,,, with some genuine classics spread across the genres ,,,,, higlights for me are super streetfighter 2 , streets of rage 1 and 2 ,,,,, and shadow dancer,,,,,,,,,, theres enough here to keep everyone entertained ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but thats not why you bought this version is it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you bought it for the sd card expansion port .

so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im pretty pissed off at this point ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i cant find the sd card full of 950 supposed roms ide bought some months ago ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ive turned the flat upside down to no avail ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so as yet cant review this aspect .

im gonna send off for another on ebay (around £8.99) ,,,,,,,,,,, and sods law states that as soon as i pay for it ,,,,, i'll find the other one .

in the meentime im gonna try to download a cpl to a spare sd card and see how that pans out ,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch this space .

overall despite fiddly controls and a crap speaker , this is a very very worthwhile purchase for retro video game nerds like myself ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, made up by the wonderful screen and versatility of the sd card expansion ,,,,,,,,,, allowing you access to every game ever made for the system (around 1000) for around £50 all in ............. top buy and highly recommended.

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ok ,,,,,,,,, for the last cpl of days , ive been using an sd card with 1024 roms on it (ebay £8.99)

ive roughly tested around 80 games so far ,,,,,,,,,,,, and theres been about 4 out of the first 80 that dont work or have issues ,

otherwise absolutely fantastic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you wont believe the amount of games youve never played .

an amazing piece of kit , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dont hesitate ,,,,, buy one now

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

just a quick update ,,,,,,,,,,,,, having tested n played a large selection of the 1000 plus games now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its fantastic .

so if you have any big kids like me in your life , ,,,,,,,, its the perfect stocking filler this christmas.

mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

Trayhop, i may have missed it in your posts - but whats the script with games that need a memory?
Loved adventure / RPG games on the mega, such as Shining force 1 and 2, Dradon force, Sgining in the darkness, etc, etc. Is there a built in memory for this sort of game?

Thanks