megadrive nostalgia

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
trayhop123

megadrive nostalgia

Post by trayhop123 »

for a cpl of years now a company called ,,,,,,,, at games , a subsidiary of blaze (known for their cheap alternative joysticks pads etc) have had the licence from sega to produce a series of console based on the megadrive .

so they made a smaller megadrive with 20 built in games , and a cartridge port that would play any cart from any region ,,,,,,,,,, good but you do need to trawl ebay for those elusive carts , sometimes at considerable cost

next they produced a handheld (like a psp ) with a built in screen , 3 button , and again 20 built in games , takes batteries ,,,,,,,,, i own 1 and its great. ,,,,,,,,, was about £30 at the time.

but screw both of them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because a few months back they made a new handheld , similar in size and shape to the previous one ,,,,,,,, only now it has six buttons , and runs off a rechargable batterie ,,,,,,,, like ya moby ,,,,,,,,, its called the megadrive gopher in japan , and will be released in this country under the name '' megadrive ultimate handheld '' around september in the run up to christmas ,,,,,,, for around £40 ,,,,,,,, either direct from blaze , or play.com .

now for the best part ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it has an sd card slot ,,,,,,,,, so you can put it in your pc and legally download the roms , which means you will be able to run every megadrive game ever made for FREE ......

there were just under a thousand games made for the megadrive during its lifespan , and soon you'll be able to own em all . including some jap and american games that were never officially released here.

infact for those that cant be arsed ,,,,,,,,,, you can go on ebay now and buy pre-loaded sd cards for around a tenner. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ive ordered one.

its the retro bargain of the year , and anyone that ever owned a megadrive will surely want one.

machine + sd card around £50 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, including every game ever made ,,,,,,, bargain.
Attachments
images_186.jpg
images_186.jpg (3.13 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Little discipline = BIG issue

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

thought this would have been of major intrest to some on here ,,,,,,,, matt vynal , lugs , crosby , etc

whats wrong with you people lol ??

retro heaven bargain of the year
Attachments
images_514.jpg
images_514.jpg (3.7 KiB) Viewed 3788 times

harry2

Post by harry2 »

I'll be getting one ASAP. Liked my games simple. Might even have a crack at my Space Invaders score on here :wink:

I'm still revisiting Doom.
Roulette free since December 2011.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Dont worry trayhop123 this board is getting worse. I left the QuizMachines forum because it was never responded to or just idiotic slagging off and filled with gwhl people. Posted many similar items on here when I moved, but now this is empty or no intrest is taken with decent posts.
On your post, that handheld looks wicked I must admit. I wish they would do a similar medium with the old SNES or N64.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

thanks for the replies guys . appreciated .

its true a lot of sections of fc are becoming like a ghost town ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we all gotta do our bit to try to keep it relevant , fresh etc ,,,,,,,,,,, its a struggle at the mo,,,,,,,,, a lot of members have jumped ship , or simply drop in for a read occasionally but dont post.

ruthl3ss

rubbish

Post by ruthl3ss »

The Blaze one isn't very good, it's small and looks quite good, but as soon as you pick it up you know the build quality isn't good.

The controllers are flimsy and the d-pad just doesn't feel right. You get some good built in games but as theboyrob mentioned they all run at different speeds to the originals, plus the sound is bad for most of them.

E.g Streets of Rage runs quite noticeably slower, you get massive slow downs when theres more than a few enemies on screen, the sound is all off and the music I hate to say sounds terrible.

Waste of money if you ask me.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yes ,,,,,, the one you plug in your tv ,,,,,,,,, has had some noted compatibility issues with some cartridges . ,,,,,,,,,, but theres now wrong with the controller's ,,,,,,,,, there just smaller than the original megadrive ones , therefore more fiddly for large hands.

but the first handheld they made that i have is superb ,,,,,, the games all run perfect ,,,,,,, the screen is crisp , control is fine and the sound through headphones is top notch ,,,,,,,,,,, the only problem being your limited to the 20 built in games .

that wont be a problem with the new one

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

a friend of mine is going to order one very soon , and i'll probably order one aswell for my son's 4th birthday soon. That should allievate his interest in knackering up my mobile/i-pad with his insatiable appetite for mildly grumpy avians.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i rang blaze luggs m8 ,,,,,,,,,, (because their website says product coming soon).

they said around the 1st of september should see them receiving the units from japan ,,,,,, with british packaging to add etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,, should be ready for sale around the 15th , and that half the allocation is going to play.com

just gotta keep checking the website m8.

alternatively ,,,,,,,, the japanese model (the gopher) is available now on import on ebay ,,,,, hmmm ??? the machine will be exactly the same , and no compatibility issue obviously ,,,,,,,,,,, but not sure i want to trust the import route ,,,,, might get ripped off or have to wait 3 months for it to arrive anyhow lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, unless one of you know of a good reputable jap importer i can trust ??????????????????

in related news ,,,,,,,,,,,,, my supposedly full with 950 roms sd card came today ,,,,,,,,,, just gotta get my hands on the machine now ,,,,,,,,, to see if its empty and ive been wanked lol

CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

sorry lee, not been about for months, this looks pretty nice, even better as i gave my megadrive to my nephew as he enjoyed it more than me, (150 odd games)...

will keep my eyes open and wil probably make myself a purchase, looks pretty sweet
Unbelievable Jeff
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Does indeed look the business! Sorry for lack of postage recently, awaiting a new laptop and my phone or ps3 are too time consuming! Lol...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i still wish one of you computer boffins out there (were bound to have at least 1 resident ) would come to my flat ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, investigate my mame arcade machine ,,,,,,,,,, and put on it all the emulators and roms n menu's etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,, for

megadrive
snes
amiga
cbm 64
spectrum etc

if it could be done in a day say for example ,,,,,,,,,,, i would gladly reimburse all travel expenses , provide refreshments ,,,,,,,,,,, + £200 in ya pocket.

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

trayhop123 wrote:i rang blaze luggs m8 ,,,,,,,,,, (because their website says product coming soon).

they said around the 1st of september should see them receiving the units from japan ,,,,,, with british packaging to add etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,, should be ready for sale around the 15th , and that half the allocation is going to play.com

just gotta keep checking the website m8.

alternatively ,,,,,,,, the japanese model (the gopher) is available now on import on ebay ,,,,, hmmm ??? the machine will be exactly the same , and no compatibility issue obviously ,,,,,,,,,,, but not sure i want to trust the import route ,,,,, might get ripped off or have to wait 3 months for it to arrive anyhow lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, unless one of you know of a good reputable jap importer i can trust ??????????????????

in related news ,,,,,,,,,,,,, my supposedly full with 950 roms sd card came today ,,,,,,,,,, just gotta get my hands on the machine now ,,,,,,,,, to see if its empty and ive been wanked lol

are these badboys for sale in the uk yet?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yupppppppppeeeeeeee

thanks for the reminder lugs m8

take a look at the blaze website ,,,,,,,,,,,,, there available now for preorder ,,,,,,,, available october

got a new fetching blue trim ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, come with 18 built in games , featuring super streetfighter 2 .

tracy ordering one direct from them via paypal as i type this ,,,,,,,,,,,, cant fucking wait. :P

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

£39.99?

i'll be ordering one straight after your inevitable review :wink: