My favourite N64 game!

Forum for discussing Video Games - Arcade, Ps3, Xbox 360 etc.
WaterGate

My favourite N64 game!

Post by WaterGate »

It would have to be GOLDENEYE. What a game! Looks BBC BASIC on today's standards, but I remember at the time it being very atmosphere and captivating. Played it for hours.
And a very close second place would have to the STAR WARS game. Can't quite remember the full title, but you played a made up character ( looked like Han Solo and fly a ship that looked similar and was called the Outlander??? I think ). There were loads of levels including the infamous AT-AT attack on Hoth with snow speeders. Again fabulous game, kept me going for hours.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Golden eye was a classic. what about perfect dark, the multi player mode was like golden eye but you could add in bots, was a great game to play with mates.

If were talking 1 player then it has to be zelda. must have racked up 100s of hours as a kid playing that.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

For me it was either wetrix, or buck bumble... some quality memories wasting a couple of summers on those :lol:
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

shadows of the empire ,,,, goldeneye,,,,,, mario 64 ,,,,,,,,, my top n64 games ever
Little discipline = BIG issue

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Hard to choose between perfect dark and golden eye if you ask me.
Both games were very satisfying,but some of the perfect dark guns felt a lot better .
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I liked Goldeneye better. The single player on 00-Agent was BLOODY HARD! Especially 'Control Room' I think the level was called.

I quite liked Banjo Kazooie (sp?) that was a laugh. But Duke Nukem 64 was my all-time fave... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i was mad on south park back when the n64 was out.. the chefs luv shack quiz game was amazing for me.. i knew the questions from the answers, buzz in before the question comes up.. and choose the answer from the choices..
barneybear

Post by barneybear »

thecannonball89 wrote:Golden eye was a classic. what about perfect dark, the multi player mode was like golden eye but you could add in bots, was a great game to play with mates.

If were talking 1 player then it has to be zelda. must have racked up 100s of hours as a kid playing that.
Can relate to every single word of this post! Used to have to come off Zelda with motion sickness!!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Goldeneye 64 was awesome for the time, but how badly has it aged? :lol:

The only think I never liked about it was the aiming - moving the reticle rather than the screen itself....sort of came away all goggle eyed!!!

Then the guys who left Rare went on to form Free Radical who made the Timesplitters games and again you had to move the reticle in one of the best FPS's ever made - Timesplitters 2. Now there's a game that should be an XBLA title.

Favourite N64 game? I quite liked Jet Force Gemini.

Post by 999329753 »

Pilot wings was a classic. Simple but very addictive
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Preferred the SNES version of pilotwings, trying to land the helicopter on the pad with a geet million things shooting at you was so tedious!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Try landing on top gun for the nes! :x
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Crikey! Pilot wings! Forgot about that; it was an awesome game !
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

barneybear wrote:Can relate to every single word of this post! Used to have to come off Zelda with motion sickness!!
has everyone heard about the nintendo 3ds? lol