can some one please explain

Discuss the fruit machine emulators here.
Pheature

can some one please explain

Post by Pheature »

what's an emulator.. i have a rough idea but im not certin..
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I've moved your (50th lol) topic to the Emulation forum.

Anyway, an emulator is anything (usually software) that 'emulates' a hardware device. In this case, it emulates the software inside some of the older fruit machines that were around. Meaning that they play 'exactly' as they would in the wild - all the little bugs and cheats too.

The emulator however, is only the 'engine' of the games, you need the ROM for each game you wish to play, which the emulator can 'read' and turn into a pretty representation of a fruit on your PC screen. :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

That's great. and here is another question! lol where can i download the correct software to run these?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Fruit-emu.com goto downloads and download the Fruit machachine Emulation wizard. It's top of the downloads chart.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

yeah i've done it.. doe's it open with Winrar?
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

i cant seem to figure this out just yet. im not handy with pc's. Does the actual games come with this download? or is this the software i need on my pc b4 i download the virtual machine?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Download it. Unzip it/Extract it. Run the program in it & it'll install
JP-emu,MFME 1 & 2 and BF Emulator onto your computer in your programs listing.
Then you need to go back onto Fruit-emu and pick which machines you want to download.
Certain machines need certain Emu's to run on but most of them are explained on Fruit-emu
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

so i've looked through this.. do i need to pay for directx 9 and WINZIP?
or is there another possibly way of running this?

sorry guys for wasting your time..
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

I don't know why your asking about that. You just download a particular file, Right click on it then Extract all. Then you run your emulator, file, load game then click on the file and it'll load up. You can download winrar if you want, you don't have to pay for it though.
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

well i've done what you said and downloaded my first one but it's says a file is missing.
im sure i'll figure it.. anyways thanx
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Now your at the awkward bit by the sounds of it. Some of the earlier M/c's have the roms & Layouts seperate so you have to extract both files then combine them into 1.
With BFM games you don't need to extract the file just drop it onto the open emulator and it runs.

Best thing to do is this.

Goto here

http://reproserv.no-ip.org/Emulator%20F ... r%20Guests

And download MFME 10.1 and extract the file

This will run the newer games

Now click on here

http://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/downloa ... 0dxx-2691/

Download this, Extract it

Now run MFME 10.1 then click file and look for Allfired up on your comp. It should run.

Let me know

Gaz
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

yeah man.. i got allfired up working in the MFME.. i havent tried to download any other machine yet.. do i just go about the same way to get these machines workin in the MFME?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Yeah you just have to look at what your downloading. MFME 10.1 will run most that have been released in the last 12-18 months.
It'll seem very technical to start with but it's dead easy to pick up which file needs what emulator.
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

yeah im sitting here now playing noles house party, althou im going to search for a machine in my area... thanx for the help thats great!!! cheers
Pheature

Post by Pheature »

ok im only after downloading Kung fu. which is one in my local area, but it seems to not be working in this MFME. do i need to download another emulator to get this one working?