Any Red Machines emulated?

Discuss the fruit machine emulators here.
starstrike

Any Red Machines emulated?

Post by starstrike »

I am not asking (or expecting) links, just thought someone here might know of any Reds that have been emulated. some of the older machines are mpu5, I think; so it must be possible? Also does anyone know whether anyone is trying to work on EPOCH?

I have seen roms around for a lot of new (2006) bell fruit macines like DOND and ant and dec so we might see these one day soon..
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Unfortuantely, Reds use some sort of 'modified' tech, which means each game they produce is pretty much a different (very difficult) beast to tackle emulation-wise. Who knows though, in years to come, they may appear on our screens... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
tsunami

Post by tsunami »

wher did you see the DOND rom?? thnaks

Post by Guest »

The Roms were on the 'repro'

If you dont have access then pm me..
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Anonymous wrote:The Roms were on the 'repro'

If you dont have access then pm me..
lol pm who?
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

When reds are put into the emu do they give a bad characteriser error? Or just not do anything?

Regarding epoch there was quite a bit of discussion about a year and a bit ago as some fella was going to design it. Nothing seemed to happen though. Apparently epoch is meant to be a real badly put together tech which means emulating it fairly difficult. At leasts thats what I heard.
spa

Post by spa »

prizeguy wrote:When reds are put into the emu do they give a bad characteriser error? Or just not do anything?

Regarding epoch there was quite a bit of discussion about a year and a bit ago as some fella was going to design it. Nothing seemed to happen though. Apparently epoch is meant to be a real badly put together tech which means emulating it fairly difficult. At leasts thats what I heard.
Was about seven months ago lol.

You had to be there to get that ;)
csmaddog

Post by csmaddog »

Hi guys... lookiunf forward to my stay here.

Anyway, Red Gaming roms all use different CHR's code (which is like a security code), that needs to be put in before itll run.
Each one is different for each rom set or machine, therefore cannot be easily done, or they are indeed non runners.

Deal or no deal, or Anything AFTER the release date of Im a Celeb cannot be done yet because of a security error, either caused by a datapack error, Unemulated Hopper System, or the creator of the emu put in a blocker to stop newer machines from being run...

Hope this answers a few q's
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Hiya csmaddog - seen plenty of your posts and releases over at the emu sites, glad to see you here! Hope you have a goodun! :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
spa

Post by spa »

csmaddog wrote:
Anyway, Red Gaming roms all use different CHR's code (which is like a security code), that needs to be put in before itll run.
Each one is different for each rom set or machine, therefore cannot be easily done, or they are indeed non runners.
But a Red will have a chr chip on the rom board, just like any other machine that uses one. If someone has a Red machine or an old board from one, it would be interesting to see it that chr could be read off and used with those roms from the same board. Could work.