Do u know any?

Discuss the fruit machine emulators here.
mahusicplayer

Do u know any?

Post by mahusicplayer »

hey im looking for a site which i can play free fruit machine games on with the features and the board ect any1 know any sites ? i just keep finding ones which r like 5 reel lol plz help
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

Just go to http://www.fruit-emu.com and you can dowload 'real' machines..
mahusicplayer

thanks

Post by mahusicplayer »

thanks but ive heard that that site is really confusing cause u have to extract files and alll sorts lol
spa

Re: thanks

Post by spa »

mahusicplayer wrote:thanks but ive heard that that site is really confusing cause u have to extract files and alll sorts lol
Yes, extracting layout zips and rom zips into 1 folder is a bit demanding :)
Oli

Post by Oli »

Yes basic Windows knowledge is needed.

I'll try and explain it to you:

Different fruit machines run on different emulators. (An emulator is a peice of software which enables a computer to "emulate" a piece of hardware, fooling the computer into thinking that the hardware, such as a chip found inside a fruit machine, is attached to it.) The problem you will have, is working out which emulator the fruit machine(s) you want to play runs on. First of all i suggest you download their multiple emulator (I think its called FMEI). This will install all the different emulators onto your computer so you will be able to play any of the machines you download. (The download file is in the form of a .zip folder. I assume you know how to "unzip" or "extract files" using windows? Just right click the file and select "extract all").

Once the emulators have been installed, go back to the site and download the machines you want to play. Note that you wont be able to find any recent machines as they use a newer technology which cant be emulated - because the pubs/arcades dont want people playing their machines for free on their computers! When you download a machine, make sure you check on the top of the download page to see which emulator it runs on. It will say either JPeMu, BFMulator, MFME, M1A or MPU3/4. The machine that you download will need to be downloaded to the folder that represents the emulator that the machine runs on. For example, Ooh Ahh Dracular is found under the MFME section on the website. Therefore, when you download the machine, you download it to the MFME folder on your computer that was created by FMEI installer earlier. You with me?

To play the machine, you will have to extract the files from the .zip folder (just like you did for the emulator installer) and then open up the emulator itself. Then click file, then open and then select the .gam file in the Ooh Ahh Dracular folder. For machines that run on the JPeMu emulator, it will display a list of the machines stored in its folder. Just double click on the one you want to play it. For BFMulator, you will have to drag the machine folder itself and drop onto the emulator screen.

Folders will not be created for M1A or MPU3/4. Machines in these sections should be downloaded to the MFME folder. Note that you will also need to download two files for machines in these sections. The layout file and the ROM file. You will then need to copy the files in the ROM folder and paste them in the layout folder before loading the machine.

Hope that made sense?
streaky bacon?
mahusicplayer

hmm..

Post by mahusicplayer »

thanks alot it made more sense than what i had already but im still confused where do i download the fmeiw thingy from ? and im confused about the zip folder thing sorry to annoy u
Oli

Post by Oli »

On http://www.fruit-emu.com. Its in the downloads section. I think you will need to register before you can download anything.

With a zip folder, you simply right click it (once its downloaded) and select "extract all" from the menu. This will turn the .zip folder into a normal Windows folder which will contain the necessary files needed to run the machine.
streaky bacon?
rocket

Post by rocket »

I have to admit, when I've tried to download em in the past I've found that site really fecking confusing!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

You only really need a basic knowledge of computing to work these. I honestly can't believe so many people are struggling!

Zip files are easy as piss to use. Just use the right file with the right emulator. MFME will run most, and the BFM emulator will obviously play the BFM ones.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"