Manu/tech clarifications on JPeMu

Discuss the fruit machine emulators here.
Mr Move It

Manu/tech clarifications on JPeMu

Post by Mr Move It »

I understand that JPeMu is geared towards the Impact technology, which was what JPM used. A few of the layouts are from other manufacturers though, so I wondered if someone could please clarify them for me?

Fruitopia was a Mazooma (therefore Scorpion 4) machine which I've played for real. A year later, it was available on JPeMu as a QPS which they rebadged to 'Fruitpots'. Did QPS somehow port the game onto an Impact-based machine and therefore became playable on JPeMu?

The other one is Club Crazy Fruits (which I've also played for real), yet it's clearly marked as being Bellfruit on the JPeMu game layout. That should then also have be Scorpion 4 code. Was this an exception for Bellfruit and they based this one machine for Impact? I've got other versions of Crazy Fruits AWPs but they're on the standard MFME emulator for MPU5/Scorp4 machines. Just the club machine was an exception.

Note that I downloaded most of the JPM layouts in 2003/4 (including the above 2 games) and it never occurred to me that MFME now also covers JPM games?

Thanks.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

It's an Impact emulator. Any machine on the tech SHOULD run.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Yeah, I just mainly wondered if the QPS Fruitpots and Bellfruit Club Crazy Fruits were also Impact.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."